Essential HBO MAX Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Season 3 is the reason why I don't like most black shows.

I'm a black male so I have toxic masculinity, so my toxicity won't allow me to solve the case.

Moreover, in addition to that, Louisiana is so corrupt that even though I'm toxic, I can't solve the case because Louisiana corruption keeps getting in the way.
Season 3 was set in the Arkansas Ozarks. Louisiana was where S1 took place.

Only thing I didn’t like about S3 was the exposition dump near the end…other than that, the story was tighter than the sophomore season and was wonderfully casted with Dorff and McNairy being the biggest stand-outs. I think Nic putting his focus to other projects is the best move right now though. As good as that third season was, it still felt like it was living under S1’s shadow.

A new voice along with a sole director would go a long way if HBO decides to bring it back (which they should).

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Season 3 was set in the Arkansas Ozarks. Louisiana was where S1 took place.

Only thing I didn’t like about S3 was the exposition dump near the end…other than that, the story was tighter than the sophomore season and was wonderfully casted with Dorff and McNairy being the biggest stand-outs. I think Nic putting his focus to other projects is the best move right now though. As good as that third season was, it still felt like it was living under S1’s shadow.

A new voice along with a sole director would go a long way if HBO decides to bring it back (which they should).
Well then put everything under Ozark corruption then

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Just did a re-watch of True Detective season 2.

Was great
It was definitely over abused because it couldn’t live up to season 1. I do admit it had too many storylines and the dialogue was horrible, but VV and the others did the best he could with what he had to work with. It is a shame because the season had amazing potential.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It was definitely over abused because it couldn’t live up to season 1. I do admit it had too many storylines and the dialogue was horrible, but VV and the others did the best he could with what he had to work with. It is a shame because the season had amazing potential.

This shyt was such a vibe. :ohlawd: The “big” shootout they had should’ve turned out way better than what we ended up getting. It was supposed to be a pivotal moment in the story and yet kinda fell flat. :francis:

Last edited:

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
it's another 90's action movie that holds up...

1. They filmed pretty much all of it on location so everything looks great... realism

2. Great cast : keanu, Sandra bullock, Dennis Hopper, Jeff Daniels, Joe Morton.. etc.

3. Simple and straight-forward premise. Bomb on a bus. Save the day.
elite era for movies

Fly

Superstar
Daps
I’m bout to cop this to watch the suicide squad. Is it worth the $15? I almost never watch movies :ld: