HBO max climbs to third in the streaming wars, runaway, run with us, or get ran the over

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I think Succession could be that, really they need to get their subsription numbers up which is happening and being available in more countries would help a great deal. Their programming/production strategy is on point.
the biggest sets, the biggest crews......

Netflix could never @Bryan Danielson

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
HBO been putting out heat since the 80's, it's inevitable they take the crown.

images

Fixed

Dream On
1st and Ten
Note Necessarily The News
Hitchhiker
Tales From the Crypt
Fraggle Rock
Real Sex
America Undercover

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
House Of the Dragon will fix that. The fact that they got to #1 before their boy boy comes out to play is huge for them though. The ratings for that show will be huge. After that the next step will be to develop prestige shows that people actually watch. I love Barry, I've heard Succession is really good but it doesn't seem like any of that shyt is popular. I could be wrong but it seems like the last "big" shows HBO had were Game Of Thrones and True Blood. With HBO Max doing its thing, it seems like there should be a priority to return to how they had the early 00s set up where they had the big popular prestige show (Sopranos), the big comedy (Curb), and the less popular prestige show (The Wire).
Thought West World woulda been big but that floundered when the 2nd season hit..

GoT coming back should be big.. but probably not as big as it was

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Netflix is on the clock

- Ozark done
- Stranger Things go one more season left
- Umbrella Academy is now officially washed
- Marvel shows gone

I think House of Dragons will be mid but with Disney focused on the quantity rather than the quality, HBO got the juice right now
Quality always wins out in the end :wow:

Netflix really bought into their own algorithm hype by churning out one to max two seasons of a show, before killing it for no reason. That shyt eventually caught up to them :manny:

Why even start watching a new show when you know it will be cancelled after one season?

Only so long people will stick around for shytty horror flicks, shytty rom-coms and shytty teenage flicks that were greenlight because of analytics before they cancel their subscription :hubie:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Fixed

Dream On
1st and Ten
Note Necessarily The News
Hitchhiker
Tales From the Crypt
Fraggle Rock
Real Sex
America Undercover
@Lucky_Lefty reminds me of spending summers with my dad down in Valdosta (Moody AFB)

My stepmother (who looked like Raj's wife from what's happening now) he spent all night watching HBO and I know he saw the Road House VHS.
My dad: So.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yeah really think that GoT prequel gonna slap like that?
I believe HBO should be trusted with their track record on rebounding here. It’ll pull in numbers even if the story turns out to be mid - GoT is among the most streamed shows on Max and its fanbase is infectious.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Lincoln Lawyer
Squid Game second season
The Crown
The Sandman adaptation

Netflix not as good but they got content and most of all actually alot more viewers.
Sandman could be massive for them if they don't fukk it up. Sandman Universe is pretty expansive too so if they have big hit they could get that sprawling franchise they've been looking to naildown for years.