HBO Considering -- WATCHMEN TV Series/ with Zack Snyder

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is dumb. I love the movie let it fukkin’ breath! Zack did a great job but the studio didn’t have the balls to put out a 3 hour super hero movie.

The only way I cosign this is if they take the Director’s Cut or Ultimate Cut and split it into half hour/hour episodes. Otherwise let’s wait a couple of decades. Sheesh, it’s unnecessary.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
dbl

tumblr_lstecgBv6I1qems7ao4_250.gif

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
This is dumb. I love the movie let it fukkin’ breath! Zack did a great job but the studio didn’t have the balls to put out a 3 hour super hero movie.

The only way I cosign this is if they take the Director’s Cut or Ultimate Cut and split it into half hour/hour episodes. Otherwise let’s wait a couple of decades. Sheesh, it’s unnecessary.
:what::camby:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I always felt that Watchmen was better suited for a Tv series even though Snyder did a really great job despite the constraints of making a 2 hour movie.
make it so HBO...why they have been dragging their feet taking advantage of their free access to the entire DC/Vertigo library is a mystery to me anyway.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
I always felt that Watchmen was better suited for a Tv series even though Snyder did a really great job despite the constraints of making a 2 hour movie.
make it so HBO...why they have been dragging their feet taking advantage of their free access to the entire DC/Vertigo library is a mystery to me anyway.
synder did a pretty good job with it no need for a show they should do other stuff that prob wont make it to the big screen

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is like having a TV show based the Avengers movie. It just came out!

Well they're talking now. The tv show, if it happens, may not happen for another year or two or three so at the most, it'll be at least 7 years since the movie, and there's a lot of material to mine there just with the characters alone. They can take the characters Moore created, and do their own thing with them which they probably should, or even go into some of the before watchmen stuff which is pretty good too. And HBO storytelling will allow for some pretty interesting shyt in my mind

Plus, unlike the avengers, it didn't exactly set the world on fire box office wise, so there will probably be just enough people out there who don't remember the movie, or never saw it so being able to reintroduce them to that world using HBO's brand equity would be a good look

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
Well they're talking now. The tv show, if it happens, may not happen for another year or two or three so at the most, it'll be at least 7 years since the movie, and there's a lot of material to mine there just with the characters alone. They can take the characters Moore created, and do their own thing with them which they probably should, or even go into some of the before watchmen stuff which is pretty good too. And HBO storytelling will allow for some pretty interesting shyt in my mind

Plus, unlike the avengers, it didn't exactly set the world on fire box office wise, so there will probably be just enough people out there who don't remember the movie, or never saw it so being able to reintroduce them to that world using HBO's brand equity would be a good look
I completely agree. Watchmen has so many interesting characters and story profiles coupled with HBO, who in their right mind would not want to watch that? I could easily see it becoming Game of Thrones successor.