HBK 1997-1998 Appreciation Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Man I randomly selected RR 97 to rent as a kid and that vignette leading into the Sid match plus the win made him my first ever favorite wrestler.

We didn’t have cable that year until around September. When I saw how his character had changed I was like :gladbron: :whoo: !!
First tape I rented was WM10……

Watched that shyt 5 times hoping the result might change :mjcry:

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
Man I randomly selected RR 97 to rent as a kid and that vignette leading into the Sid match plus the win made him my first ever favorite wrestler.

We didn’t have cable that year until around September. When I saw how his character had changed I was like :gladbron: :whoo: !!

Similar to my wrestling fan origin story, except it was the 1998 Rumble VHS. The hype package for his match alone got me hooked, with the highlights from the HIAC and clips of DX fukkery. I can still hear JR's voice during his entrance saying "Michaels' record in main events is better than John Wayne's in movie shoot-outs".

I immediately became a stan and then found out he's retired because of an injury sustained in that very match :damn: I spent the whole Attitude Era dreaming about HBK coming back, lol

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Similar to my wrestling fan origin story, except it was the 1998 Rumble VHS. The hype package for his match alone got me hooked, with the highlights from the HIAC and clips of DX fukkery. I can still hear JR's voice during his entrance saying "Michaels' record in main events is better than John Wayne's in movie shoot-outs".

I immediately became a stan and then found out he's retired because of an injury sustained in that very match :damn: I spent the whole Attitude Era dreaming about HBK coming back, lol
Same. Only got to really watch him in real time for like 5-6 months before he left :mjcry:

Had no idea he even was hurt and they never explicitly said it on tv. Just pulled him from TV after WM14 and then HHH started bussing shots at him like a disloyal ass hoe. Then he would dip in and out as commentator, commish, ref, etc. giving hope that he was coming back to wrestle just teasing us :mjcry:

Thank the lord for Sting/Wolfpack/Nash that year

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps

JR wearin Flu game 12s
hbK high as a kite wearing a bandanna like 2pac
Austin not wit any of the shenanigans
:mjlol:

“Youre gonna kick my teeth down your throat?

I'm fukkling crying.
JR deadass is rocking 12s like its nothing.
HBK is ZOOTED and got a Pac bandana talking shyt "THE MASTURHHHHHH OF THE SWEET CHIN MUSIC?!" :russ:
Austin is desperately trying not to laugh while not trying to fukk up the segment further.

Damn, but that's what I love of that era. If that was today, they'd stand there like a hoe and just take that shyt.(Cody) Instead, you have two babyfaces popping off on each other for talking shyt.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Same. Only got to really watch him in real time for like 5-6 months before he left :mjcry:

Had no idea he even was hurt and they never explicitly said it on tv. Just pulled him from TV after WM14 and then HHH started bussing shots at him like a disloyal ass hoe. Then he would dip in and out as commentator, commish, ref, etc. giving hope that he was coming back to wrestle just teasing us :mjcry:

Thank the lord for Sting/Wolfpack/Nash that year

They don't make vignettes like that anymore :to: