Having friends that don't share your taste in music Unappreciation Thread

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Man... This pisses me off for real sometimes.

I link dudes stuff like Ab-Soul - Threats and they ain't feeling it. :beli:
Link dudes some Curren$y and they ain't feeling it. :beli:
None of these mofos even listen to r&b. Don't even give the Weeknd or Frank Ocean a chance.
I linked my friend Dom Kennedy - My Type of Party and he said he liked it. :obama:
So he checked the album and he was like I don't really like the album and son is a fukking DJ brehz. :damn::snoop:

Some of em still want ish to sound like it was made in 1994 and shyt.

I link them some older stuff like soul or blues or some rock stuff.

They AINT FEELING IT. :what:

upped

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
One of my best homies is straight up ignorant when it comes to any form of music. He would hear me play one song, maybe not even one I care for much, but because it happened to come on the radio, and this cat will download that shyt. For real, I'd see him days later bumping it like 'Man, I know why you feel this" :wow:

I'm just like :rudy:

I've learned that some people just don't get music :yeshrug:

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
I be seriously like why how :sadbron:. Dude was talking about Mac Miller has bangers. MAC MILLER!!!

G35H

My 16yo nephew loves Mac Miller. He likes Curren$y too though, so I guess that makes up for it :ld:

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Man if ur friends dont like what u bumpin they just gonna hang for the ride or :pacspit::pacspit: get the fukk out and walk on *Drives away bumpin shakira*

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Well I guess Mac Miller has a couple good songs, but I was speaking completely out of ignorance simply cuz something about him is off-putting to me :yeshrug:. Well this same dude likes Flo-Rida :beli:. I wonder if I were to go on a roadtrip with some of em and controlled the music would they grow to like some of it.

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game
My biggest problem is mafuccas gettin in my car and sayin "damn nikka you ain't got no boosie?". I listen to a Lil bit of everything, one day I might be bumping lucky dube, burning spear, or Morgan family heritage. Next day I might be bumping yo gotti (i got that sack is one of the hardest joints I've heard in years), freeway, or nas, just depends on how I'm feelin. Even with cats who I know are strictly into rap, I try to put them on to cats like Jay Electronic, K'naan, etc they still look at me like :what:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Dog, I posted this in the Nas thread. I sent my man a link to it and was hyping that shyt up. He hit me on text saying he ain't like it all:what: but a few days ago he was searching all over for a link to that Chief Keef remix :aicmon:

I have no idea how we been aces for over a decade.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
A lot of my friends are white because I live in what apparently is a :mjpls: zone. What yall know about chillin with people who BARELY listen to hip hop and have never listened to an R&B jam before? :aicmon:

I'm just glad I have places like the coli where I can ask questions like "is KRIT destined to be a top 5 southern rapper?" and not have people look at me like: :huh:

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Had a white homeboy put me on some country a few years back and I've been listening to that ish ever since. Tried putting my boys on some Allen Jackson or Darius Rucker and they look at me like :stopitslime:. I hit them with the :umad: nikka I'm driving

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
nikka mah range go from Pastor Troy to Bjork to Do or Die to Garbage to S.O.S. Band to Korn to da Real Genius movie soundtrack to 8ball & MJG to Linkin Park to 80s shyt to Goodie Mob to some Ambient music mufukkas never knew eam existed.

Tell me about it. :comeon:

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
you know how hard it is living in South Florida and being a fan of shyt like Blu, Elzhi, Phonte, Lupe, Budden, Skyzoo, Fashawn, etc.?! I can usually find a decent compromise when I throw on some Wale, Hov, Bronson, Drake, or Kanye, that's about it though

All my damn friends listen to Tiesto and Swedish House Mafia :what:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
i got all fake bboys, squares and toys out my circle.

so i don't even worry about what somebody not feeling.

they don't know shyt anyway.

plus they not a friend of mine, either.

art barr

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's because a lot of times when we suggest music to people we don't have enough empathy. try to see what kind of stuff they like and why they like it. what is it about the music that they like exactly. could be the lyrical content, delivery, types of instruments/sounds used, type of mix, type of melodies, certain types of rhythms or drums. for example, a friend of mine loves songs that have a sort of melancholic quality to them, especially in the melody. could be any genre but i know exactly what type of melody he likes. but some people really HATE that shyt cause of where it takes them emotionally.

so you gotta know what they like and why. and then suggest songs and albums or artists that they would probably like based on their tastes.

EDIT: also the best way to put someone on to a certain artist is to make them listen to the more accessible songs first. "accessible" in general means "crossover" but if we're talking about someone specific, again it depends on their tastes. that's if you care to even put them on. Only person i try to expose some music to is my little cousin. don't really care about what other people like and don't have time to invest in them.