Have anyone tried the workout insanity?

KplusK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Im trying to get into working out never been big on weights though just like doing push up pulls up dips you know shyt like that.I heard that there's no weights in insanity and you can get fit just by stuff like that but i also heard that that shyt was serious and its a hard work out. I was wondering should i start a lil running and getting my wind up before doing it or would it be ok to just jump right into it. Not really trying to gain muscle mass just trying to get in shape.

definition

im not a cool guy anymore
Daps
to be honest, it's probably not going to matter. If you start now, you may be hitting the pause button a little more than if you run for a month or two ... but not much.

The workouts are pretty hard, at least in my opinion. I was used to running and lifting, but the intervals were tough for me in the beginning. you will get used to it after a couple weeks and be fine -- still hard as shyt ... you'll just get more reps in and rest less. but, if you're doing it right, you'll still be dead at the end of each session.

I've been on the weights and jump rope a lot lately, but I think about picking up insanity again (maybe doing weights 1-2 times a week to maintain muscle and strength).

GuChiMeng

East (Asian) Atlanta Santa
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just get into it.

Running and insanity will gas you in different ways. Running, assuming you mean jogging, is aerobic. Chit like insanity is anaerobic. Running will help but it will be marginal and not worth the time you invest into it.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
it works meng. its like the more fit you get the harder you push yourself automatically. so no matter what your fitness level you will get tired. don't get discouraged if you take a lot of breaks at first.
I actually do this during the winter cuz I don't like doing cardio outside in the dark/cold, its a good replacement.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
I did it to initially get in shape. it worked for me. I would do it in the morning before work, then go to the gym after work.

i started out at 210 and got down to 175..now i'm just lifting/HIIT to put on more weight/muscles

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
T25 cardio daily gave me shin splints but

T25 >>> Insanity
did you do both? which one gave you better results? i'm thinking about getting t25 for the morning, then doing a mix of pilates/weights in the evening, but i hate waking up, if i can do t25 with the results i was getting from insanity, i'd be happy

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
I have done both

I sabotaged myself with insanity and did not follow the diet.
still lost weight, but some of the second phase workouts are just too damned long
50 minutes?? GTFOH! ( knees were killing me)
( did not lose that much weight , but I actually built more muscle and went down 2 pants sizes.

now with T25, I actually followed the diet ( which is really the most important part)
I lost 25 lbs and had decent definition when I finished ans was smaller / more tone all over.
but you have to follow that diet plan or
something that you know will work for you to get the max benefit since you are only working out 25 mins a day.
Plus from looking at other websites,
people say to do the Alpha phase twice before going to the beta phase and you will lose more.

I moved onto Body Beast now.
I may try doubles and do T25 as well for my cardio.

I honestly believe i would have gotten better results with insanity, but like i said, i did not follow any diet.
I may go back and try it again and see what happens.