"Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs Are On Top" **Superbowl Champions Eagles OffSeason Thread**

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Let us bring Jordan Matthews back to compete for that final wide receiver.

His fall off is making me sad :mjcry:. Thats Carson's friend and wide receiver:to:
He's injured...let him stay where he is.

Bring back SHADY, though...

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Sidney Jones showing flashes of greatness vs. Nelson Agholor | 9 Eagles training camp observations

PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles head coach Doug Pederson has preached competition since he took over prior to the 2016 season. One of the best competitions? Receiver Nelson Agholor vs. cornerback Sidney Jones.

Jones and Agholor have been one of the most exciting matchups to watch so far in Eagles training camp. Agholor is arguably the best receiver on the Eagles and one of the most productive slot receivers in the NFL. Jones has the talent of a top-10 pick but is learning how to play nickel cornerback. The result has been some plays where Agholor clearly gets the best of Jones. Agholor has still come away very impressed with the second-year cornerback.

“I just love how he is competing right now. He is obviously very athletic. He is a gifted guy. But I love the competitiveness. He doesn’t want to be denied. He understands what has been going on and is being said. He just plays hard. I am all about embracing how hard he is working,” Agholor said. “As long as we talk ball and try to get better, I want him to win some battles. Not that I am going to give it to him, but as long as he is winning some I know that he is progressing and I know it is going to give me something to continue to see on tape and get better myself.”

There was one play between Jones and Agholor that really stood out on Tuesday. Jones jumped a pass while covering Agholor during a team drill. Jones seemed to be close to coming away with an interception, but Agholor ripped the ball away and completed the catch. The play showed the potential that Jones has. He made a great read on the ball, stayed with one of the best slot receivers in the NFL and nearly made a big play.

It also showed that he still has some work to do. “I think the biggest thing with Sid is that -- and, obviously, because he shouldn't look like a rookie, but he doesn't look like a rookie even though he played one game for us last year,” defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz said. “He's way ahead of where the rookies are, not only knowledge of the defense, but technique and things like that.” Jones has been getting some reps with the first-team defense at nickel cornerback so far during training camp. The job does not appear to be his yet but it seems to be the plan the Eagles would like to work out.

With camp just five practices old, however, the important thing for Jones and the Eagles is that Jones is healthy, fully recovered from his torn Achilles and appears ready to contribute on defense.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang

3u3P.gif

Last edited:

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Sidney Jones showing flashes of greatness vs. Nelson Agholor | 9 Eagles training camp observations

shocked that sidney isnt getting any outside corner reps with the first team.. figured they would rotate mills and sidney and see what they have there then eventually move mills to the slot. but who knew we would have so many options at corner after all the secondary disasters we been through since lito/sheldon :blessed:

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
shocked that sidney isnt getting any outside corner reps with the first team.. figured they would rotate mills and sidney and see what they have there then eventually move mills to the slot. but who knew we would have so many options at corner after all the secondary disasters we been through since lito/sheldon :blessed:
I was reading that either today or yesterday they had Mills taking 1st team reps at slot. I'm sure they're just cycling everyone through but that should open up more time for Sidney on the outside

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
I was reading that either today or yesterday they had Mills taking 1st team reps at slot. I'm sure they're just cycling everyone through but that should open up more time for Sidney on the outside

They had Patrick Robinson in the slot and outside. I envision Jones taking that role.

You gotta factor in 27 playing there too.im just waiting to see who takes the third safety spot when Malcolm plays the slot. They didnt resign Corey Graham yet.

Jones is gonna spell either Mills or Darby on the outside when Malcolm moves up. Probably more for Mills because he is faster and more technically sound than him.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Let us bring Jordan Matthews back to compete for that final wide receiver spot.

His fall off is making me sad :mjcry:. Thats Carson's friend and wide receiver:to:

:whoa:

Chill....I feel bad for bruh but lets be real...his ability is limited and he stays hurt...he cant play outside...and we already have agholar, ertz and goedert occupying the slot...