Has your physique become your identity yet?

Davin Black

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Coolsville
Not my identity - which makes it so :myman:whenever a random occasion calls for my shirt to come off (the beach/pool, pickup soccer, etc). I'm not at my peak but still way more fit than people realize, they catch a glimpse of the abs and be like :ooh:

The best is when people ask what I eat after a long run or workout. I'm always like "McDonald's Dollar Menu":youngsabo:...

...and I'm not lying, either. Need them calories brehs :ufdup:

ThugLife

Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18
:what: who the fukk tracks curl PRs?

tumblr_msdc31P8h91r6xisho1_400.gif

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
At work it's up there. But in general no. That would be a little pathetic imo.

definition

im not a cool guy anymore
Daps
strange question.

If you are asking if that's how other people view you, that's one thing (it's a no for me ... I can go heavy in the gym and run ok for distance, but i drink too much beer to truly be in shape).

If you are asking if that's how people view themselves, I truly hope not. Fitness is a great thing -- but it ain't life.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
"That big guy"

"That swole dude"

:lolbron:

The answer for me has been yes :yeshrug:
Well, I worked hard to get wide lats, bigger deltoids, chest, arms and legs. I would say I was proud of my physique to some extent, and it kind of defined who I was.
Now, I can't lift heavy with any exercises involving shoulder movement, like bench press, military press, dips, dead lift, t-bar row, pull-ups. So, my physique is slowly shrinking. I can tell my chest and deltoids have slimmed down. My lats are still a bit wide. And I'm trying to keep my biceps and triceps big. I can do squats for legs but no front squats or deadlifts. I have no idea what I'm going to look like in a year. :snoop: I'm working on cutting my belly flab as my chest is flattening out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ill have to say yes, i like how at 30 years old i can still fukk 18 -20 year olds, my appearance gets me in and my experience makes it easy for me to say what i want and get what i need. I tell anybody the gym should be a way of life, just like u make time to have sex, u can make time to hit the gym even for an hour a day 3days a week, as u get older u gun appreciate the sacrifice because u will be in the game longer than the people that didn't invest in their self.

This for sure

I see some dudes in their 60s that are :flabbynsick: at the gym, but they're putting in the effort

Meanwhile, I got several friends younger than me who are :flabbynsick:

I guess their priorities are different, but man ... doesn't literally being shaped like a bell disturb you? :mindblown:

im 40 brehs...so imagine what the majority of the people around me look like....:skip:

ive been off and on with the gym for years...but finally decided to get serious this year...and im loving it

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I suppose...I mean, the homies/family know what my hobbies are; but I'm not quite at the physique I'm shooting for though....

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
:blessed: I'd say Yes..I get called Buff/Henny/Hench/strong by the hoezzzzz & Gayy/Obsessed/Gymrat/ by the skinny jeans wearing frail clavicle having fakkots around my way

Guess I'm doing something right with the barbell :win: