Has The NBA Ever Seen A Team Like This Years Golden State Warriors?

Robbo

All Star
Daps
Last few games they have played sloppy ball, but they got away with it. They need to get back to taking care of the ball and getting good shots. When they play up to their capability, they are a historically elite team.

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
You struggle w logic so let me help

The Warriors hypefest has been taken to a new level w their hot start this season. Posters like the one I quoted seem to believe that starting off 10-0 is the signal that a new dynasty is on the horizon.

A dynasty would require a string of championships starting with this season. The Warriors winning their first 10 games means they have that locked up according to some misinformed folks like the one I quoted.

I pointed out that the hot start is impressive but its not really a signal of anything as only 23% of the 10-0 teams in history have gone on to win the O'Brien trophy, let alone form a dynasty. Most of them don't end up winning anything, as with the 01 Sixers or the 03 Mavs who started 14-0, or the 98 Hawks who lost in the first round.

This is a simple, stat-based, direct rebuttal to the "dynasty" comment which is a typically prisoner-of-the-moment overreaction we see all the time. Furthest thing from arbitrary in the discussion, though your post was, ironically.

:umad:

Pat Riley sees 'dynastic' potential in Warriors

I guess Pat Riley is a prisoner of the moment too

Key words are "potential", "might be", etc. But recognize greatness when you see it.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Starting from 1995

96 Bulls
98 Lakers?
01 Lakers?
2016 Cavs once they trade Kevin Love and whatever picks they get for Andrew Wiggins?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm saying:heh:

They gone have to go back 2 back before people can even begin to have that conversation.

They're off to an exciting start, but it's a bunch of premature shyt flying around here

its not even thanksgiving yet and nikkas are declaring the season over....:skip:

ive never seen anything like it:skip:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
:umad:

Pat Riley sees 'dynastic' potential in Warriors

I guess Pat Riley is a prisoner of the moment too

Key words are "potential", "might be", etc. But recognize greatness when you see it.
Its total hype and premature no matter who says it. First of all its assuming that the Warriors are winning it all this year, because if they lose this season how dumb will all that dynasty talk sound?

Riley's also off on his backcourt comparison. 50% from the field and averaging 25 a piece? Curry's been unbelievable so the averages look comparable, but Klay's been riding on a wave of mediocrity since last playoffs, he's nowhere near that level.