Has The NBA Ever Seen A Team Like This Years Golden State Warriors?

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
:mjlol: at this stupid arbitrary stat. You clutching at straws at this point.
You struggle w logic so let me help

The Warriors hypefest has been taken to a new level w their hot start this season. Posters like the one I quoted seem to believe that starting off 10-0 is the signal that a new dynasty is on the horizon.

A dynasty would require a string of championships starting with this season. The Warriors winning their first 10 games means they have that locked up according to some misinformed folks like the one I quoted.

I pointed out that the hot start is impressive but its not really a signal of anything as only 23% of the 10-0 teams in history have gone on to win the O'Brien trophy, let alone form a dynasty. Most of them don't end up winning anything, as with the 01 Sixers or the 03 Mavs who started 14-0, or the 98 Hawks who lost in the first round.

This is a simple, stat-based, direct rebuttal to the "dynasty" comment which is a typically prisoner-of-the-moment overreaction we see all the time. Furthest thing from arbitrary in the discussion, though your post was, ironically.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

The Warriors hypefest has been taken to a new level w their hot start this season. Posters like the one I quoted seem to believe that starting off 10-0 is the signal that a new dynasty is on the horizon.

I pointed out that the hot start is impressive but its not really a signal of anything as only 23% of the 10-0 teams in history have gone on to win the O'Brien trophy, let alone form a dynasty. Most of them don't end up winning anything, as with the 01 Sixers or the 03 Mavs who started 14-0, or the 98 Hawks who lost in the first round.

This is a simple, stat-based, direct rebuttal to the "dynasty" comment which is a typically prisoner-of-the-moment overreaction we see all the time. Furthest thing from arbitrary in the discussion, though your post was, ironically.

So are you gonna continue with the stat as they keep extending their unbeaten streak?

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
So are you gonna continue with the stat as they keep extending their unbeaten streak?
...I guess :yeshrug: 15-0 is the record and they certainly have a shot at it. If they break that, then we can at least say they've done something no one's done before. Any sort of "dynasty" discussion is several years early at this point.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison

A dynasty would require a string of championships starting with this season. The Warriors winning their first 10 games means they have that locked up according to some misinformed folks like the one I quoted.

I want the Warriors to lose just as much as you do, but give it a rest. You talking as if they haven't already won a championship :heh:

Penny 95

Pro
Daps
The 80's showtime Lakers
The 80' Celtics (had 3 or 4 hall of famers)
The Bulls during both 3 peats
The 2000-2002 Lakers
The 2010-2014 Miami Heat

These teams are arguably better than the current Warriors team. The Warriors are playing well because no team has figured out how to defend their perimeter shooting and they play good team defense. They are fun to watch.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
...The Warriors are playing well because no team has figured out how to defend their perimeter shooting...

I hear what you're saying...but after a full season last year and through 12 games this season, no one has been able to (consistently) "figure it out"...it's not like we're dealing with 20 game sample size here. Curry creates mayhem on the floor and so far, no team has been able to (again consistently) stop him.

BTW, I don't think we're the best team ever, but we're definitely in some elite company that's for sure...

Penny 95

Pro
Daps
I hear what you're saying...but after a full season last year and through 12 games this season, no one has been able to (consistently) "figure it out"...it's not like we're dealing with 20 game sample size here. Curry creates mayhem on the floor and so far, no team has been able to (again consistently) stop him.

BTW, I don't think we're the best team ever, but we're definitely in some elite company that's for sure...

The Warriors are playing great ball right now. Time will tell how elite they are.