Has The MCU EVER Been Able To Do "Super" / Cosmic Super Powers Based Stories and CGI Properly?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
which marvel cosmic film by any studio has ever worked tho ? :jbhmm:
Infinity War set the standard. Guardians 1 was dope but, besides those films they've ignored deep space and cosmic stuff for the most part. Capt Marvel as well for MCU. No other studio film has really touched space besides maybe Fantastic Four 2?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Guardians of the galaxy game>>>>>>>>>>>>>movie:mjpls:

not much cosmic action shown in GoTG I.

rocket - gun totting android
nebula - android
quill - gun totting human
drax - strongman
gamora - gun and knife totting enhanced
groot - special tree

collector - powers hinted nothing much shown
kree - not much shown
nova corp - no super powers shown

the only real "cosmic blur CGI" bits were the video the collector showed them and 1 min at he end when quill used the stone.

the final GoTG battle was mostly spaceships and guns.

GoTG II had more cosmic and that final "massive CGI battle" is one of the reasons people didn't like it as much.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
When ShangChi was hand to hand fighting It was :ahh:
When ShangChi was riding that dragon :camby:
They should have switched it up for the ending and kept the fighting strictly with the family. Shang and his sister vs their father with the rings. Keep it at the martial arts level with them being up close and personal. Could've easily let that demon dragon just possess the father and solve the big ass water cgi shyt.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
They should have switched it up for the ending and kept the fighting strictly with the family. Shang and his sister vs their father with the rings. Keep it at the martial arts level with them being up close and personal. Could've easily let that demon dragon just possess the father and solve the big ass water cgi shyt.
Word, they have to raise the stakes by making him win without those rings. He's gotta discover something deeper and fight as underdog without anything. Just use superior hand to hand skills and intellect. The movie started strong and it slid down as Shang Chi got more powerful. It would've been better for him to get those rings early and then lose them and have to dig deep to earn them back at the end.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I was talking space specifically I legitimately forgot about that Xmen film:mjlol::mjlol::dead:

I mean all those cosmic-like powers. the ones that need CGI. the non-natural science ones. sort of like how wanda is now.

2015 they went to that other dimension.

X-men in space :wow:

FF1 was in space too

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Marvel's refusal to get really weird will forever hold back all their non street level shyt. GoTG is the closest they get but pick up a GoTG comic or other media and the difference is night and day. Even X-Men is usually a lot stranger than what we got from Singer. Dr. Strange too. Marvel got a formula, and it's been winning but they refuse to take any real risk with their storytelling.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Marvel's refusal to get really weird will forever hold back all their non street level shyt. GoTG is the closest they get but pick up a GoTG comic or other media and the difference is night and day. Even X-Men is usually a lot stranger than what we got from Singer. Dr. Strange too. Marvel got a formula, and it's been winning but they refuse to take any real risk with their storytelling.

I don't disagree, but as they take more risks and answer backlash to having that winning formula, you get more backlash for deviating too far from what people have grown to love...to complain about.

Perfect example is all the movies made by committee bullshyt. Marvel never gives directors autonomy, all their movies are the same, too safe, too appealing across the board, not niche or creative enough.

Now that Marvel is handing off their IP to directors and really letting them bring the things that have gotten them praise, even won them best picture to the MCU, it's just too jarring, we gotta return to the Antman era so all of this feels more in line with what I'm used to.

:hula:

Last edited: