Daps
Reppin
Toronto
2cb4d4bdaa7a4eac967454bfb5d2f514.jpeg
he was magic there

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I understand that. It it's also a role integral for comic book movies. It just so happens he's black but he does the same thing Q does in the bond movies or Alfred does. I don't see it as a typical magical negro role in that sense because it's something that's been done in other iterations by other people of other ethnicities. That's all.

lmao all Q does is show Bond new gadets

Morgan Freeman was batman's brain in those nolan movies

Bruce even acknowledges Fox has intellectual superior in the Dark Knight with the "A better brain" line

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
He does often play characters that fall into the magical negro trope.

The characters he plays often have no life outside of the white lead characters, they have an magical or otherworldly wisdom that helps the white character,sometimes they sacrifice themselves in order to help the white character movie forward in their journey or learn a lesson.

Films in which Morgan Freeman has played a magical negro:

Driving Miss Daisy
Bruce/Evan Almighty
The Lego movie
The Nolan Batman Trilogy
Million Dollar Baby
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Oblivion

With all that said he has plenty of roles where he's not playing a magical negro.

Now what IS strange is that Morgan Freeman is often the only black person in films. He hasn't done a film with a predominantly black cast since the 80's I believe.

He gets whatever role he wants and has been for over 2 decades. Most of his roles aren't even black characters. Red was Irish in Shawshank