Reppin
ATLANTA
2cb4d4bdaa7a4eac967454bfb5d2f514.jpeg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Magic Negro" Huh? I Wonder If All You Guys Try To Get Daps Realize Some Of The Stuff You Say :mjlol:

He does often play characters that fall into the magical negro trope.

The characters he plays often have no life outside of the white lead characters, they have an magical or otherworldly wisdom that helps the white character,sometimes they sacrifice themselves in order to help the white character movie forward in their journey or learn a lesson.

Films in which Morgan Freeman has played a magical negro:

Driving Miss Daisy
Bruce/Evan Almighty
The Lego movie
The Nolan Batman Trilogy
Million Dollar Baby
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Oblivion

With all that said he has plenty of roles where he's not playing a magical negro.

Now what IS strange is that Morgan Freeman is often the only black person in films. He hasn't done a film with a predominantly black cast since the 80's I believe.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He does often play characters that fall into the magical negro trope.

The characters he plays often have no life outside of the white lead characters, they have an magical or otherworldly wisdom that helps the white character,sometimes they sacrifice themselves in order to help the white character movie forward in their journey or learn a lesson.

Films in which Morgan Freeman has played a magical negro:

Driving Miss Daisy
Bruce/Evan Almighty
The Lego movie
The Nolan Batman Trilogy
Million Dollar Baby
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Oblivion

With all that said he has plenty of roles where he's not playing a magical negro.

Now what IS strange is that Morgan Freeman is often the only black person in films. He hasn't done a film with a predominantly black cast since the 80's I believe.
Timeout! He's a magical negro as Lucius fox now?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Timeout! He's a magical negro as Lucius fox now?

In the comics no not really....

In the films yes...The character solely exists to help Bruce, give him advice, and push his story forward. From what we see he has no life or motivation outside of Bruce Wayne.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
In the comics no not really....

In the films yes...The character solely exists to help Bruce, give him advice, and push his story forward. From what we see he has no life or motivation outside of Bruce Wayne.

He's Q man. That's his role in dark knight. He does exactly what Q does everything you just said is what Q does in the bond films. The only difference is he's black. I'm not seeing that one at all.