Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
meanwhile a decade later the same people crying
finally got their own version and jumped right on it

microsoft rewards and gamepass is amazing
if you want to keep your weekly microsoft reward streak going.... they make you get achievements or trophies every 3 weeks or so
so in turn... you are forced to play random gamepass games... which is also amazing. Now you are playing games and supporting developers that wouldnt have gotten the look otherwise

or they just give you rewards for a specific game, where you need to earn 1 trophy or achievement as part of the requirement forcing you to play it for the points. Which turns into you supporting the developer or buying the game outright.... its genius really.

then the more weeks you complete reward hunt... you get more points in general... giving you free money to buy games, hardware or more subscriptions.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

if you want to keep your weekly microsoft reward streak going.... they make you get achievements or trophies every 3 weeks or so
so in turn... you are forced to play random gamepass games... which is also amazing. Now you are playing games and supporting developers that wouldnt have gotten the look otherwise

or they just give you rewards for a specific game, where you need to earn 1 trophy or achievement as part of the requirement forcing you to play it for the points. Which turns into you supporting the developer or buying the game outright.... its genius really.

then the more weeks you complete reward hunt... you get more points in general... giving you free money to buy games, hardware or more subscriptions.

I mean, we don’t really need a sales pitch, we have numbers and statements in the OP.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I mean, we don’t really need a sales pitch, we have numbers and statements in the OP.

free shyt aint really a sales pitch ...welcome back but please try not to fukk up the forum
you usually do alright without your medicine and have pretty insightful posts. I'm trying to read about consoles and PC shyt
not watch middle age men suck eachother off digitally....at everyone's age in here, you should own more than one console at this point.

people are gonna look back at 2020s like "what the fukk are these broke idiots talking about"

none the less welcome back... you are one of the best parts of this forum. I wouldnt click on all of your threads if they werent insightful in some way. And we both were riding hard for Cyberpunk when nobody else was. Even if they say you take threads from other places... the shyt is still news and relevant to me... so props on that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
free shyt aint really a sales pitch ...welcome back but please try not to fukk up the forum
you usually do alright without your medicine and have pretty insightful posts. I'm trying to read about consoles and PC shyt
not watch middle age men suck eachother off digitally....at everyone's age in here, you should own more than one console at this point.

people are gonna look back at 2020s like "what the fukk are these broke idiots talking about"

none the less welcome back... you are one of the best parts of this forum. I wouldnt click on all of your threads if they werent insightful in some way. And we both were riding hard for Cyberpunk when nobody else was. Even if they say you take threads from other places... the shyt is still news and relevant to me... so props on that.

giphy.gif

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
eh, I think issue is they need to sell more consoles to grow the service. Also, I think they should bend the knee to steam and have gamepass on Steam if Valve would allow it. I think many PC gamers avoid gamepass due to the window store being trash . Lastly, they probably need to create a cloud only version to get mobile gamers, but from my experience xcloud was a worse experience than Stadia, but it has improved

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
eh, I think issue is they need to sell more consoles to grow the service. Also, I think they should bend the knee to steam and have gamepass on Steam if Valve would allow it. I think many PC gamers avoid gamepass due to the window store being trash . Lastly, they probably need to create a cloud only version to get mobile gamers, but from my experience xcloud was a worse experience than Stadia, but it has improved

I just don’t see why Valve would want to slice the pie up with Microsoft on 3rd party sales. They completely dominate PC Sales and get Microsofts games on their storefront already. What do they stand to gain from allowing gamepass on their launcher?

Thats the issue with the “Microsoft wants gamepass on all devices thing” theres no way to divide up the sales to make it worthwhile for other companies that already sell games on their platforms

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I just don’t see why Valve would want to slice the pie up with Microsoft on 3rd party sales. They completely dominate PC Sales and get Microsofts games on their storefront already. What do they stand to gain from allowing gamepass on their launcher?

Thats the issue with the “Microsoft wants gamepass on all devices thing” theres no way to divide up the sales to make it worthwhile for other companies that already sell games on their platforms
Agreed, they need to greatly improve their PC store if they want PC gamers to give it a chance. I think many got burned by the storefront, so they avoid it like the plague. There's not much incentive for Valve to do it unless they get a big cut from the subs, but even then it's better to cut out Microsoft and just continue doing what they've been doing

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
They haven’t been putting out large attention grabbing games on it. It’s only so far it can get with old third party games, ports, and indie titles.

Like I've said before. It is like Netflix and every other streaming service. You need content. People have Netflix because of it's original content. Game Pass is no different. Oh wow. I can play Yakuza. Something that can be played anywhere. Where's the really good shyt that I can't play anywhere else?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

I've been paying for Playstation Plus for a long time now. Sony has been giving away 3 games a month, that stays in your library as long as you were paying for the service. It's how I have Star Wars Squadrons.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Like I've said before. It is like Netflix and every other streaming service. You need content. People have Netflix because of it's original content. Game Pass is no different. Oh wow. I can play Yakuza. Something that can be played anywhere. Where's the really good shyt that I can't play anywhere else?

Yeah, its a simple concept, exclusives matter regardless of what some people on here say. Almost every platform whether its gaming or video streaming has to have exclusive content to get people to care.

The way people fought back against this simple logic is pure stannery of the highest order

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, its a simple concept, exclusives matter regardless of what some people on here say. Almost every platform whether its gaming or video streaming has to have exclusive content to get people to care.

The way people fought back against this simple logic is pure stannery of the highest order
Well we’re Sony stans so we just don’t get it.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I've been paying for Playstation Plus for a long time now. Sony has been giving away 3 games a month, that stays in your library as long as you were paying for the service. It's how I have Star Wars Squadrons.

Well we’re Sony stans so we just don’t get it.

confuse regular online services that both platforms demand (Xbox Live, Playstation Plus) with an actual (on playstation) tiered service that unlocks an entire library of games... rather than both systems giving you a random 3 free games, then say "we just dont get it" :mjlol:

being online on a general plan, or being subscribed to Playstation Premium, Xbox Live Ultimate, or Nintendo Online Expansion are obviously 2 completely separate things ... whether you're actually dumb or just playing the role of a fool

all that exclusive bullshyt is out the window since yall love playing sega genesis on Switch.... and N64 on switch . If you only love Sony "exclusive" games then why complain? Boss up and own all 3 like me or be happy with 1/3 of the pie.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
video streaming services are system agnostic. you don't need to buy a different TV to watch Disney Plus

on consoles the subscription services are more of an extension of their online service