Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gizmo byke :blessed:

persona-dancing.gif

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Savvy investors are smart enough to know that subscription services don't have an indefinite level of user growth.

MSFT will likely pivot shift resources to better product offerings and/or inorganic growth next. How long that takes is the question. Yall know better than me what's in development.

I know I'm getting in a stan war I have no stake in, but I think GamePass is still a good product in my glancing overview.

That's why I think MS is going to focus on more casual experiences going forward to penetrate that market of non-gamers.

COD will probably attract the last wave of actual gamers to the service once it hits Game Pass. After that MS will likely focus on different markets like above.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But they closed @Pressure thread.

We will just do it in here.

Bring ‘em in :mjlit:
We are profitable but we are not gonna release figures :mjlol:

Even Netflix with its 100s of million of subscribers is losing money, but somehow Gamepass isn’t :russ:
Another ridiculous Xbot narrative destroyed
thought this was known already?

I still wouldn't put Halo Infinite on GP day 1. Wait 6 months or something man.
Can we please stop telling people they are wrong for saying this now?
Nope. Not yet.

4kDTQMX.jpg
The idea of Microsoft getting “profits back” from Gamepass is ridiculous seeing how the service isn’t even profitable :mjlol:
When Gamepass is profitable microsoft will shout it from the mountaintops like they always do.
The problem is that microsoft isn't in the business of losing money perpetually so eventually they'll have to make changes at some point to turn a profit off gamepass.
It’s no where near profitable. It’s a financial sink hole
you can tell cats who've never been in these kinds of meetings. :mjlol:

Sustainable =/= Profitable. It's a term used in far too many occasions to massage something being in the red often followed up by something else that helps to cover the losses of the unprofitable/sustainable item. GP losing money right now is being covered by the revenue in other sectors/areas to offset it. In this case it doesn't even come from the gaming division more than likely.

shyt is comical.

Let’s talk about it :shaq:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's why I think MS is going to focus on more casual experiences going forward to penetrate that market of non-gamers.

COD will probably attract the last wave of actual gamers to the service once it hits Game Pass. After that MS will likely focus on different markets like above.

They are gonna go the netflix route and bank on casting a wide net probably with lower budget stuff. The business model doesn’t work with big budget, single player games and I feel like we’ve been saying that form the very beginning.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
They are gonna go the netflix route and bank on casting a wide net probably with lower budget stuff. The business model doesn’t work with big budget, single player games and I feel like we’ve been saying that form the very beginning.

Yeah I think we're going to see MS make Miles Morales types of games that are shorter experiences based on big well known IPs, just so they can get a consistent flow of games coming to the service.

That's the main reason they went for Activision - they're home to a lot of IPs with a lot of cultural cache. Warcraft, Starcraft, Overwatch, COD, Guitar/DJ Hero, Candy Crush, Tony Hawk, etc.

If they went for EA they would be stuck with NFS (they already got Forza and PGR), Battlefield and renewing Sports licenses every few years, and Ubisoft doesn't come close to either publisher in terms of owning IPs that non-gamers know about.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah I think we're going to see MS make Miles Morales types of games that are shorter experiences based on big well known IPs, just so they can get a consistent flow of games coming to the service.

That's the main reason they went for Activision - they're home to a lot of IPs with a lot of cultural cache. Warcraft, Starcraft, Overwatch, COD, Guitar/DJ Hero, Candy Crush, Tony Hawk, etc.

If they went for EA they would be stuck with NFS (they already got Forza and PGR), Battlefield and renewing Sports licenses every few years, and Ubisoft doesn't come close to either publisher in terms of owning IPs that non-gamers know about.

And to be fair everyone knows the casuals 10-25 age demo is where the real money is right now. They got people spending their life savings in Genshin Impact and Fortnite, thats why Microsoft wants a Chinese company now.

Nintendo figured it out a while ago, and sony always had it covered with CoD and sports titles but everyone will be competing for F2P money. Grown people like us on forums aint where game companies are making money anymore, we buy a few big games a year or wait for them to go on sale. Meanwhile little Timmy just spent 500 dollars last month on shark cards.

The problem with Microsoft is they jumped head first into it, so theres no pivoting away from it. They have to work their entire game schedule around the subscription model and its gonna make for games that a lot of us just aren’t gonna care for.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Until they actually support there consoles probably yeah

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Welcome back Gizmo.

M$ is the swagless dude that likes Hip Hop music.

It's just not in them to be the face of gaming all these years adn they only got like 3-4 original IP's and one of them is a racing game...