has ANYTHING surpassed Chapelle's Rick James True Hollywood Story since it dropped?

EFF YO COUCH

• Rick James episode of Chapelle

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • the field

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • osu sucks

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
in terms of comedy, the answer is no; i'll spare you the trouble of thinking.

but in terms of TV? i'm still saying Rick james bytch >>>>> anything

if they said "i have another episode of breaking bad, the wire, the shield, and chapelle show and the chapelle show is another rick james episode and he's in it recorded back then"

i'd watch that so much faster than the other stuff...

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I would go as far as saying its the greatest skit in the history of sketch comedy.

I knew it was gonna be special from the PREVIEW at the end of the prior episode, I swear as soon as I saw it I changed my AIM away message to "I'm Rick James bytch"...people didn't know what the fukk I was talking about :banderas:

Fast forward a week later, I'm laughing from the beginning to the end, dying at every fukking line "Twin Brother Darkness" "Legs like Limguini" "Unity" "Cold Blooded" "China Club" :dead::dead::dead::dead:.

GOAT. Somebody will come in and try to argue that the Prince skit is funnier, but they are 100% wrong

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
"See I never just did things just to do them. What all of a sudden imma just jump up and grind my feet into Eddie Murphy's couch? Come on I got a litte more sense than that......................yeah I remember grinding my feet into Eddie Murphy's couch"

Then they ran it back and I was dead :mjlol:

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Prince skit is funny but no way near rick james..that set the tone.

The 2pac back skit killed me more than anything..wow.

That 2pac skit killed me breh:dead:

Chappelle holds up well , the Rick James shyt got ran into ground but I still hold it as the funniest skits I ever saw.

Mad Real World, Wayne Brady Training Day and 2pacs comeback are my favorite Chappelle skits of the whole run:mjlol:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I would go as far as saying its the greatest skit in the history of sketch comedy.

I knew it was gonna be special from the PREVIEW at the end of the prior episode, I swear as soon as I saw it I changed my AIM away message to "I'm Rick James bytch"...people didn't know what the fukk I was talking about :banderas:

Fast forward a week later, I'm laughing from the beginning to the end, dying at every fukking line "Twin Brother Darkness" "Legs like Limguini" "Unity" "Cold Blooded" "China Club" :dead::dead::dead::dead:.

GOAT. Somebody will come in and try to argue that the Prince skit is funnier, but they are 100% wrong

"Coold bloooooooooded" :mjlol: :dead:

Chappelle goat comedian man. :laff:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
2 things that make the skit genius

1. Rick James was not a well known name in 2003. He was a legend for sure but most people who laughed at this couldn't name a Rick James song other than maybe Superfreak, never heard Party All The Time and couldn't tell you one thing about him. It was all in Dave's performance and Charlie's storytelling

2. When is the first or last time you watched a skit with a commercial break in it? shyt is almost unheard of...

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
what makes it great is not Chappelle's performance but the actual real Rick James almost cosigning everything Charlie said that happened:russ:

rick-james.png

Last edited:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
"See I never just did things just to do them. What all of a sudden imma just jump up and grind my feet into Eddie Murphy's couch? Come on I got a litte more sense than that......................yeah I remember grinding my feet into Eddie Murphy's couch"

Then they ran it back and I was dead :mjlol:
breh i know neil and dave were ABSOLUTELY DYING at that part....one of the GOAT unintentional comedy moments i've ever seen...rick legit did not remember that he did that, and denied it, then immediately remember that he did it and admitted it...but eh forgot the first part...because cocaine is a helluva drug

10/10