Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
waves.jpg

:thisnikka:

:nikkawhat:

These Asians aren't even trying I swear. It looks like he shaved down to the scalp every 5 cm :mindblown:

AlreadyKnow

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
in your wallet
:wow:
Our influence......just amazing.

Notice, sisters.....u dont see Brothas going out there and copping TED KOPPEL wigs to "protect their natural hair" with by covering it. :skip:

:mjpls:

:beli: No you just see guys cutting their natural hair almost completely off in the shape that's not their natural hair line or soaking it with creams to loosen their curl pattern

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
:beli: No you just see guys cutting their natural hair almost completely off in the shape that's not their natural hair line or soaking it with creams to loosen their curl pattern

:mindblown:

Ahh, :ahh: I knew at least 1 henchman of the sisterhood-of-failure would come with this dumb ass bedwench argument that GROOMING & TRAINING YOUR ROOTS PATTERN (via work....something loathed by today's AA woman :usure:) is equal to blk women's EXCESSIVE buying of white/indian hair and covering their own up 99% of the time. :snoop:

What are you going to say in contemporary terms? You're using a bullshyt 90s excuse that's heavily recycled. Damn near every nicca got locs now......has the sisterhood-of-failure worked on a built-in excuse for this trending phenomenon too?? :dwillhuh:

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
:umad: Maybe you should post when you're less excited.

:heh:....I'm not. I just see through what you're trying to argue. :salute:

What you're saying is:

THIS is a self-black hating man b/c he has waves.
6976012_f260.jpg

WHEREIN THE SAME RIGHT,

THIS is a self-black hating woman b/c she has a weave (or a lil change of style as many 'sistas' call it :stopitslime:).

weave.png

I didn't have to be "MAD" to see thru that. :pachaha: I was just lying in the cut. :popcorn: :yes:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
If you aint had to wolf, brush, and doo rag to get waves I cant respect it.

Letting that hair grow out + sporting waves +durag for most of the day = :blessed:

^^^^That shyt gets OLD quick though..

The wave game is for them young boys... this coming from a nikka that's 23.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Letting that hair grow out + sporting waves +durag for most of the day = :blessed:

^^^^That shyt gets OLD quick though..

The wave game is for them young boys... this coming from a nikka that's 23.

Real talk. Most of the cats on wave msg boards are like 17 years old. My waves are nice but I ain't putting in that work I did 8 years ago

Sent from Cloud City via Lando Calrissian's courier

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Real talk. Most of the cats on wave msg boards are like 17 years old. My waves are nice but I ain't putting in that work I did 8 years ago

Sent from Cloud City via Lando Calrissian's courier

My nikka I use to be in that mirror every night in jr highscool.. so muc work :sadbron:

My step pops always had the :pachaha: face every time I was done.

Jr high and highschool I was on some rookie shyt. It wasn't til after I got out of highshcool did I realize the perfect way to get the best set of waves is to let your hair grow out some + wave grease + durag as much as possible.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Why do yall say they want to be black ? It's just a hairstyle. I guess every black person straightens their hair wants to be white.
There's a difference because whites are not the only race of people with straight hair, Asians and alot of hispanic people have straight hair also so you can't make that large of an assumption :ufdup:

Meanwhile "waves" in the sense of the hairstyle are specifically defined as a black hairstyle with black hair texture. So the assumption that one is trying to imitate black people is a very reasonable one to make. :manny:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Again, if your hair gets past a certain length, you usually have to have use something for hold because your hair will curl if your waves are natural.
What you're saying is true, but when my hair gets to the length where the waves aren't as pronounced then I know that it's time for a cut. I cut it to 1/4 of an inch and my joints usually stay crisp for 5-7 days. If your joints are natural then all you really have to do is maintain a cut.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
If we're talking closely cropped hairstyles, then...
Really low...just a tad higher than bald.
or

The Obama look...

Obama could spin 360 if he wanted, but of course he doesn't have time to put in work with the brush and tie up a durag every night. :russ:

But, if you naturally get waves, you don't have to tie the durag super tight and/or put on as tight of a wave cap, and you'll get a more professional look.

The waves won't be as pronounced/defined and/or your hair will just have a straight, almost permed look (depending on hair texture).

Late 20s and up shouldn't be rocking conked out, 360 waves.

This is all true.

If you were born before 90'... you shouldn't even have to do shyt to get waves.. it should be trained by now. I barely wear a du rag at night or brush my hair.. my shyt looks ridiculous every hair cut.

And if white dudes, asians, and Hispanics want to be cool w some black people, I say they should donate 10% of their money to HBCU's and hire mostly black people when they get into leadership positions. Other than they should rock their natural stringy fluffy shyt. unless they have the 'jewfro' look