Hardest villain entrance in a kids movie...ever.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I love Turtles 1, but the choreography didn't hold up.

Infinity War is as much a kids movie as Turtles if we being honest.

Then to follow it up with...

People knew Thanos was THEE problem after this, and Marvel's problems with a serious and truly menacing villain at least was temporarily dealt with

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
I love Turtles 1, but the choreography didn't hold up.

Infinity War is as much a kids movie as Turtles if we being honest.

Then to follow it up with...

People knew Thanos was THEE problem after this, and Marvel's problems with a serious and truly menacing villain at least was temporarily dealt with

The more I think about it, the more I recognize that the Infinity Stones Marvel movies are the modern version of Star Wars.

:whoa:

The movies may annoy film critics and serious actor auteurs but they're designed to be modern day Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon style fun films. And they worked!

I enjoyed that saga of the Marvel Cinematic Universe as an adult.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Wrong part

I hesitated to post that Maul clip. You're technically right that Maul's entrance was the duel on Tatooine. But his formal entrance was the duel on Naboo. George Lucas messed up the writing/story by not having Maul attack first on Naboo. The Tatooine fight was pretty pointless, plot-wise.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
I hesitated to post that Maul clip. You're technically right that Maul's entrance was the duel on Tatooine. But his formal entrance was the duel on Naboo. George Lucas messed up the writing/story by not having Maul attack first on Naboo. The Tatooine fight was pretty pointless, plot-wise.
it foreshadows kim jong wagwan death. You see him challenged and weak there. Running

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
it foreshadows kim jong wagwan death. You see him challenged and weak there. Running

That's interesting. As a kid, I do remember Qui Gon panting a lot when he got back to the ship. But I sorta ignored it. As did a lot of kids. Maybe I reckoned he was panting because Tatooine's hot or something.

It makes sense, when you see how the Jedi easily cut through the droids but Qui Gon Jinn struggles against a Sith like Darth Maul. Again, as a kid, I wasn't that insightful.

:russ:

Thanks for the new perspective!

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The more I think about it, the more I recognize that the Infinity Stones Marvel movies are the modern version of Star Wars.

:whoa:

The movies may annoy film critics and serious actor auteurs but they're designed to be modern day Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon style fun films. And they worked!

I enjoyed that saga of the Marvel Cinematic Universe as an adult.
I mean, we're all nostalgic for it and it has a built in fan base, but the films are comicbook films. The medium started off targeting kids. Nothing wrong with it.

The films leading up to Endgame; 19 of them I think, we're all B, B+, A films, with the exception of Thor 2, Antman 2, and maybe the latter two Ironman's. 4 misses, and not even horrible misses out of 19 films...That's an unprecedented run...not even James Bond had as many consecutive hits.

That hit ratio may never be replicated across another film franchise ever.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
That's interesting. As a kid, I do remember Qui Gon panting a lot when he got back to the ship. But I sorta ignored it. As did a lot of kids. Maybe I reckoned he was panting because Tatooine's hot or something.

It makes sense, when you see how the Jedi easily cut through the droids but Qui Gon Jinn struggles against a Sith like Darth Maul. Again, as a kid, I wasn't that insightful.

:russ:

Thanks for the new perspective!
Nah I just caught that too lol but I see it as foreshadowing or even just telling how much power Maul had.

I believe at this point unless you read books you still didn’t know he had a dual saber