Happy Endings Season 3; 10/23

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Not sure if this was posted yet, but starting this Sunday the show will be airing twice a week. Here is the story from Vulture

Odd news from the ABC scheduling department today: Happy Endings and Don't Trust the B will be replacing 666 Park Avenue on Sunday nights come January 6. Park's fate was a done deal, but Sunday night sitcoms? It's a world gone mad! The move means that Happy Endings and B will air twice a week for a few weeks, both in this substitute Sunday spot and in their regular Tuesday homes. This is what we call a bad sign, kids. Get those "save Happy Endings" petitions ready.
Happy Endings, Don

They seem to think this could be a bad sign and ABC might be burning off the episodes quick, but I do think HE has a better shot than Apt 23 because although the ratings have not been good there is a chance it could do better on Sundays since it won't be facing the other comedies on Tuesday and the studio that produces it (Sony) is notorious for working out cheap deals with networks in order to push their shows to syndication. A 4th season of the show I think would get them there.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Not sure if this was posted yet, but starting this Sunday the show will be airing twice a week. Here is the story from Vulture

Happy Endings, Don

They seem to think this could be a bad sign and ABC might be burning off the episodes quick, but I do think HE has a better shot than Apt 23 because although the ratings have not been good there is a chance it could do better on Sundays since it won't be facing the other comedies on Tuesday and the studio that produces it (Sony) is notorious for working out cheap deals with networks in order to push their shows to syndication. A 4th season of the show I think would get them there.

:to: thats my show

- but i did hear that tbs is patiently waiting for abc to cancel it to have the show anchor cougar town. :smugdraper:
- abc would be making a big mistake if they let this show go to the bushes. Once people see this on syndication it could def revive the show like how i met your mother or even friends.

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
Man I hope they don't cancel this show. IDK how they did it but now Dave is on par with the rest of the characters, dude's been funny all season :gladbron:
:to: thats my show

- but i did hear that tbs is patiently waiting for abc to cancel it to have the show anchor cougar town. :smugdraper:

I hope if it does get cancelled the downtime isn't significant before teh move to TBS.

Happy Endings playing with Cougar Town in the cut, that's a scary sight. :whew:

Alex still loves to krump.
:deadmanny:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's still possible the show could get renewed. They burned off the episodes in season one pretty quickly and it came back.

Better Off Ted, despite being one of the best shows on TV at the time, was a ratings disaster its entire first season, but it still got a season two.

Happy Endings has a better shot now because it's so close to syndication eligibility.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's still possible the show could get renewed. They burned off the episodes in season one pretty quickly and it came back.

Better Off Ted, despite being one of the best shows on TV at the time, was a ratings disaster its entire first season, but it still got a season two.

Happy Endings has a better shot now because it's so close to syndication eligibility.

:favre:

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
I think they're lucky to be on ABC, The Middle is going on s6 or something and I'm the only person I've ever met to watch that show....show

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I've heard good things about this show. Can you just start watching from the middle of the season and pick up what's going on or do you need to start from the beginning?

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I've heard good things about this show. Can you just start watching from the middle of the season and pick up what's going on or do you need to start from the beginning?

You can pick it up anywhere; it's your basic sitcom in the sense that continuity means next to nothing.

If you want you can watch from the beginning just to see the origins of Dave/Alex's current relationship but that's pretty much it.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz

yea u should watch season 2 which is the best of the series so far. season 1 has its moments but the 2nd season was :ahh:
that christmas episode from season 3 was prob one of their best episodes too.