Happy 20th anniversary of the Sega Dreamcast

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As a kid I loved going to the arcades

Dreamcast was bringing the arcade home:wow:

Remember, arcade ports were mostly ass back then and arcade perfect was rare for newer titles.

Playing marvel vs Capcom, soul caliber, and sf3 at home, which were better versions of the game, was just :wow:

Fighting games were just great on this system but the one I put the most time on was Capcom vs snk

Maaaannnn I just love the presentation in the game :damn: the music and the stages :banderas:
Playing RE with a vmu and being able to see your health on the screen :gladbron:

The jump from n64 to Dreamcast was like vhs to DVD. Sonic adventure 1 and 2, crazy taxi, per Stone, jet set radio, ready 2 rumble boxing, NBA, NFL, blitz, and so on

And the marketing lol 9.9.99 and it's thinking :pachaha:
Good times :to:

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
I remember playing nba 2k the first time thinking this is the first time i game seems kinda real where the players looked more distinguishable. Back in the day on Bulls vs Blazers for Genesis i remember Oakley and Ewing looked identical :heh:

Hyrdo Thunder :wow:

Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, the Sega smashpack with the og sonic games and streets of rage 2 :wow:

I loved the Dreamcast but i had 3 or 4 if them break on me :scust:

Id buy another one, i still have games and controllers but i just dont trust them :scust:

Edit

Nba showtime, Vigilante 8 :wow:

The previous poster was on point when he mentioned how improved the graphics were over n64 and ps1. It was a great time :wow:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I didn't grow up with a Dreamcast :mjcry:
I played Jet Set Radio a couple of years back when they were giving it away on Steam though.
I felt 12 years old again again playing through that game...
It's just something about that game's whole aesthetic, its soundtrack, its art style, and just the swag that game exudes that makes you nostalgic for the early 2000s :to:

Piranha is the GOAT.

It's a real shame the Dreamcast didn't last longer than it did. All those arcade-perfect fighting game ports :wow:
The 6th gen was such a lit time for videogames, looking back :blessed:

Funky Radio is one of my favorite songs of all time, not just video game songs...that is a legitimately elite level album of music.

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace-2019-08-22-01-22-38-22.png

I had a binder filled with games. It was a wrap once I found out how easy it was to burn them.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Now this is a console that deserves a classic console remake.

I’d actually buy it. Missed opportunity imo.

I remember I saved up and bought a used Dreamcast just for sonic adventure 2. I think I had that and wwe royal rumble and a demo disk with power stone.

power stone and sonic were amazing to me at the time. I also remember being astonished the console could get online. Vmu was a pretty cool concept. I’d take my shyt to school and play with my chao.

shyt felt next level but as soon as I saw the ffx and Devil May cry commercials for ps2, I knew I had to hop back on the winning side real quick.

I sold the dream cast a couple years into the ps2 life cycle and bought a used ps2. I still have fond memories of dream cast tho. I just did not have money to keep it around unfortunately. I think my aunt has one in storage. Been meaning to get it from her. I’d like a black one tho.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Why did Sony ultimately bush it and go to being games only? I thought the Dreamcast sold decently
Dreamcast itself sold not bad at all, the problem is that sins past came to collect for all the fukk ups sega made. Saturns failures really...REALLY hurt their stocks and Dreamcast putting up solid numbers just wasn’t enough to sustain the company. And then it didn’t help with some of the shyt working against them like EA refusing to put content on the console and their dumbass views on RPGs being the reason the console only had like 4 solid ones.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Got my launch day Dreamcast still & fired it up yesterday. Played MvC 2, Mark of the Wolves, Guilty Gear X, Capcom vs SNK 2, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, & DOA2

Daps
First and last console I ever pre-ordered. Scooped one up again in 2015. Just finished Shenmue 2 a few months ago.