Happy 20th anniversary of the Sega Dreamcast

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Man I remember playing Soul Caliber for the first time on Christmas morning. I was blown away by the graphics. :whoo:

Got that and Sonic Adventure....shyt was :blessed:

Then Shenmue dropped and it was a wrap.

Then I remember coming into school one day and my friend telling me that Sega was bushing the console........i was like :dwillhuh:....i thought the console had been a smash. I had no idea it was struggling. I didn't even believe him right away :comeon:

That shyt hurt :mjcry:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I remember being mad af over not being able to get one an launch (sold out) and having to settle for FF8.

The jump from playing ps1 games to SoulCalibur is still unmatched.

Amazing console. :mjcry:

Going to hook it up and play some Tech Romancer after class tonight.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
that was my day
tenor.gif

parallax

Superstar
Daps
i remember being hyped as fukk because next generation magazine went all in on the dreamcast for like a year. marvel vs capcom with no loading times and 4 player co-op? sign me the fukk up!

then me and my bro played crazy taxi for what felt like days... i miss those times man...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't grow up with a Dreamcast :mjcry:
I played Jet Set Radio a couple of years back when they were giving it away on Steam though.
I felt 12 years old again again playing through that game...
It's just something about that game's whole aesthetic, its soundtrack, its art style, and just the swag that game exudes that makes you nostalgic for the early 2000s :to:

Piranha is the GOAT.

It's a real shame the Dreamcast didn't last longer than it did. All those arcade-perfect fighting game ports :wow:
The 6th gen was such a lit time for videogames, looking back :blessed:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
As great as this system was, it had over if the worst sports games of all time, MLB 2K1. They had great games with NBA and NFL 2K1, but this game sucked, you couldn't even control your own fielder's. It's was a shame because graphically it might if been the best looking sports game made up until that point.