Hangmayne Page On Not Taking Advice From Veterans, Doing Things On His Own.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
During a panel at Galaxycon (via Fightful), Hangman Page spoke about whether or not he took advice from veterans, noting that he usually is too stubborn for advice.

He said: “Oh boy, I don’t know, I’m stubborn, I don’t take advice. It’s a good question and that’s probably the honest answer. I listen to people say things, but very rarely do I listen hard. I was part of the movement that created the entire company and I’m a World Champion. I don’t know that I need their advice. I’ll certainly listen, but there is something to be said about trial and error and doing it on our own. I take more pride in that.

I understand his point of view, but getting advice from veterans isn't necessarily a bad thing. For example, I'm 100% sure that Mark Henry would've told Hangman not to wear those butterfly jeans!

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Its up to Page if he wants to take Unsolicited advice. If has to do with Him/His Character, its best to ignore it. If its how to make his matches better, or to improve promos, then yeah he should open his ears a bit. Basically though he knows himself as a Character, so why let people dictate how you should evolve it unless you want to do something new?

Now that being said, I think the Buckshot Lariat is a bit too much for a Lariat move.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Hangmayne could really make some money with the right attitude and people behind him. A self depreciating millennium drunk cowboy is yanking at the heartstrings of the country music middle American potential fans base who Vince deliberately drove away from professional wrestling decades ago.

Hangmayne should be presenting awards on CMT, doing cameos in country music videos and the whole 9. They are the only base left in entertainment still putting serious cash money into what they believe it whether is music, movies, or politics.

This dude SHOULD be the new Dusty Rhodes

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Hangmayne could really make some money with the right attitude and people behind him. A self depreciating millennium drunk cowboy is yanking at the heartstrings of the country music middle American potential fans base who Vince deliberately drove away from professional wrestling decades ago.

Hangmayne should be presenting awards on CMT, doing cameos in country music videos and the whole 9. They are the only base left in entertainment still putting serious cash money into what they believe it whether is music, movies, or politics.

This dude SHOULD be the new Dusty Rhodes
I like Adam Page, but nothing about him says "cowboy". Stan Hansen, Ron Bass, and Justin Hawk Bradshaw looked like cowboys. Joe Doering and Brock Lesnar look like cowboys.
Adam Page looks like he works at Bath & Bodyworks. The most cowboy-ish thing Page has done was ride a horse for one of his ppv intros. I don't recall him even wearing a cowboy hat on television. If he's supposed to be a cowboy, I'd like to see him dedicate himself more to the gimmick.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I like Adam Page, but nothing about him says "cowboy". Stan Hansen, Ron Bass, and Justin Hawk Bradshaw looked like cowboys. Joe Doering and Brock Lesnar look like cowboys.
Adam Page looks like he works at Bath & Bodyworks. The most cowboy-ish thing Page has done was ride a horse for one of his ppv intros. I don't recall him even wearing a cowboy hat on television. If he's supposed to be a cowboy, I'd like to see him dedicate himself more to the gimmick.
To me he’s this generations version of that, he drives a pickup truck but it has XM satellite radio in it and he gets Starbucks every morning in it. Those boys exist is large numbers in this country

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
To me he’s this generations version of that, he drives a pickup truck but it has XM satellite radio in it and he gets Starbucks every morning in it. Those boys exist is large numbers in this country

That's why he calls himself the "anxious millennial cowboy." Regarding him taking advice, he organically got over on his own. I can understand him not listening to say JR who doesn't understand the AEW audience to begin with.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
That's why he calls himself the "anxious millennial cowboy." Regarding him taking advice, he organically got over on his own. I can understand him not listening to say JR who doesn't understand the AEW audience to begin with.
I forgot about JR, even he wears a cowboy hat! If it weren't for his Bells Palsy, JR could probably whup a few of those soy boys in the locker room and then throw back a few shots of bbq sauce at the ol' saloon!

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Hangman don't need to follow veterans advice as long as he has the sense of "cowboy shyt" that allows him to see that most veterans can't see past their era to adopt to the modern way of things...
rdr2-dutchvanderlinde.gif
:mjtf: