Halo Master Chief Collection coming to STEAM, Halo Reach coming to both Steam version and Xbox One

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First time I really give MS a real shot in years and the shyt ain't working on PC :unimpressed: Tried to sign into Halo 3 for some MP and the shyt was giving me the runaround. Had me going back to remember my old Xbox account info to see if that would work, only to find out the whole shyt is down

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Halo 4 Flight is live

Flight Content
The content of this build is a limited slice of Halo 4. The version number you will be playing is 1.1896.0.0. Below is the core content that is included in this Flight and we ask that you focus on these features when providing feedback.

Install Size

Xbox

• Max size of 25.98 GB
Microsoft Store

• Max size of 27.6 GB
Steam

• Max size of 15.5 GB (27GB on disk)
New Features:

• Input-based matchmaking & crossplay
    • Crossplay is fully available in Firefight, Forge, and multiplayer modes
    • Halo 4’s Campaign and Spartan Ops mode do not currently support crossplay between Xbox and PC
  • Server Region Selection
  • Per-Piece Customization for Halo 4
    • Visors can now be selected for Halo 4 Customization
  • Halo 4 Forge improvements including Trait Zones, New Movement Control, and Local/World Axis Toggle
  • Advanced Graphics Options for Halo 4 (PC only)
  • Text Chat Availability and Moderation
  • A Field of View (FOV) option will be available for Halo 4 on Xbox One consoles
    • Please provide feedback to Halo Support around performance and stability when using a non-default FOV value. These results will aid our continued work towards rolling this feature out across all titles and all Xbox platforms in the future
Gameplay Content
Campaign Content:

• Missions: Requiem, Forerunner, Reclaimer, Shutdown, and Composer
  • Playlists: Canyon Combat
Multiplayer Content:

• Social Games: 2v2, 4v4, 8 player Free-for-All (FFA), 12 player FFA, 8v8
  • Maps: Adrift, Exile, Haven, Longbow, Meltdown, Ragnarok, Impact, Landfall, Skyline, Perdition, and Pitfall
  • Competitive: H4 Squad Battle (6v6)
Spartan Ops Content:

• Departure: Land Grab, Sniper Alley, The Challenge, Sacred, and Core
  • Artifact: Clean Up, For Science, Hacksaw, Pelican Down, and Gagarin
Multiplayer Play Sessions

The duration of the flight will run from October 20 to November 2. Below are all scheduled play sessions listed in Pacific Time (UTC-7):

• 10/20 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 4v4: 5pm-9pm
  • 10/21 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 8 Player FFA: 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 10/22 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 12 Player FFA (Infection): 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 10/23 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 8v8: 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 10/24 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 4v4: 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 10/25 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 8v8: 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 10/26 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 4v4: 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 10/27 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 2v2: 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 10/28 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 8 Player FFA: 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 10/29 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 12 Player FFA: 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 10/30 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 8v8: 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 10/31 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 4v4: 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 11/1 – H4 Squad Battle & Social 8v8: 10am-1pm & 5pm-9pm
  • 11/2 – Flight ends at 10am

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, Halo 4 wasn't bad at all. I felt like it was really underrated. Out of the 6 games, I feel like Halo 4 feels the best to play. It still looks great too on PC.

I'd say in terms of feeling Halo 2 Anniversary >Halo 4>Halo Reach>Halo 3>Halo 2>Halo CE.

Overall best MP though I'd say Halo 2>Halo 3>Halo 2>Halo 1>Reach.

I definitely enjoy playing Reach though. It just has this nostalgic fun feeling.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man, Halo 4 wasn't bad at all. I felt like it was really underrated. Out of the 6 games, I feel like Halo 4 feels the best to play. It still looks great too on PC.

I'd say in terms of feeling Halo 2 Anniversary >Halo 4>Halo Reach>Halo 3>Halo 2>Halo CE.

Overall best MP though I'd say Halo 2>Halo 3>Halo 2>Halo 1>Reach.

I definitely enjoy playing Reach though. It just has this nostalgic fun feeling.
I disagree cuz CE is my favorite campaign/multiplayer, but def feel 4 is underrated.

when you look at the graphical jump between Reach and 4 its mind blowing. Doesnt even look like a 360 game, looks like an xbox one launch title:ohhh: the campaign was good too. Reclaimer one of the best missions in the series. I liked Cortanas arc too. Best version of her both story wise n design wise.

i hate armor lock so Reach def at the bottom as far as multiplayer, we agree on that. Still love the game tho, Lone Wolf still gets me feelin :mjcry: . Marty O’Donnell killed it with that piano:to:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree cuz CE is my favorite campaign/multiplayer, but def feel 4 is underrated.

when you look at the graphical jump between Reach and 4 its mind blowing. Doesnt even look like a 360 game, looks like an xbox one launch title:ohhh: the campaign was good too. Reclaimer one of the best missions in the series. I liked Cortanas arc too. Best version of her both story wise n design wise.

i hate armor lock so Reach def at the bottom as far as multiplayer, we agree on that. Still love the game tho, Lone Wolf still gets me feelin :mjcry: . Marty O’Donnell killed it with that piano:to:
Yeah, when I booted up 4 on the PC flight I was blown away by how good it looked. Looks really nice. The MP was docked when it released due to the promethean weapons, ordinance drops, loads outs and COD-like perks. It was toned down but it definitely hurt the game. Halo CE is the purest Halo game but despite that it's really a bit long in the tooth and I'd rather play a newer Halo game that's balanced over CE.

Reach is a funny one too. The title update improved the meta gameplay and all but the stuff like armor lock seems to not be used by most matches I've played. I'd love if they remade Reach with the new Halo Infinite engine and just removed Armor lock and stuff from MP and instead made it a pick up item.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, when I booted up 4 on the PC flight I was blown away by how good it looked. Looks really nice. The MP was docked when it released due to the promethean weapons, ordinance drops, loads outs and COD-like perks. It was toned down but it definitely hurt the game. Halo CE is the purest Halo game but despite that it's really a bit long in the tooth and I'd rather play a newer Halo game that's balanced over CE.

Reach is a funny one too. The title update improved the meta gameplay and all but the stuff like armor lock seems to not be used by most matches I've played. I'd love if they remade Reach with the new Halo Infinite engine and just removed Armor lock and stuff from MP and instead made it a pick up item.
Ya, 4 fukked up the formula because how it was done ruined a Halo staple, which was map control. I know halo had to modernize to keep up with the times(like sprint), but some things shoulda been avoided.

I agree armor lock should be a pickup item. should be like the rocket launcher. Placed in a vulnerable spot that his high risk/high reward.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Halo 4 finally released to PC and with this, crossplay between xbox and PC is now enabled
Im in the middle of a move so aint been gamin for a week. Is the crossplay just for 4 or the other mcc titles too?