Halo Infinite’s multiplayer may not launch with game

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I mean, Uncharted was doing big shyt too... ND was allowed to do something else and what do you know - it was also incredible and great for Sony as well. Same with Guerrilla. Same with Sucker Punch now too.

Its not an impossible or unique situation. You gotta give your teams freedom to grow. Especially in regard to Halo where its clear they hit their ceiling.

Halo Reach was the last good Halo game, Gears aint been good since 3. I used to fukk with Forza tough, but it's the same shyt as Halo and Gears.

I kind of saw this coming from MS at the time the PS3/360 was winding down how Sony had lapped them a few times in terms of quality gaming amongst other things, foolishly because my cousins and a couple potnas was getting the Xbox One I got one first, it only took me three months before I traded that shyt in for a PS4 and never looked back. They all eventually did as well.

I actually want MS to have success I do, competition is always better for consumers, but all the hype and goodwill MS had with the original Xbox is all but dead, and they are kind of a joke now.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Halo Reach was the last good Halo game, Gears aint been good since 3. I used to fukk with Forza tough, but it's the same shyt as Halo and Gears.

I kind of saw this coming from MS at the time the PS3/360 was winding down how Sony had lapped them a few times in terms of quality gaming amongst other things, foolishly because my cousins and a couple potnas was getting the Xbox One I got one first, it only took me three months before I traded that shyt in for a PS4 and never looked back. They all eventually did as well.

I actually want MS to have success I do, competition is always better for consumers, but all the hype and goodwill MS had with the original Xbox is all but dead, and they are kind of a joke now.
This is the truth. Reach story was probably my favorite. Watching the planet get glasses was unmatched. These new studios both ruined those amazing franchises. Same way micro allowed mass effect to leave they hands, even tho ea ruined that also. shyts sucks, but I’ll stick with PlayStation and just run some xbox games on pc

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You know what else isn’t launching with the game?
The full graphics. Ray tracing is being patched in later. Reports are claiming the gameplay demo wasn’t the final build either.
Clearly the game is being rushed to ship with the console. Xbots claim they just saw the greatest thing on the planet regardless, which dummies like them is the reason they’re comfortable shipping unfinished mid.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Bungie wanted to make more than just Halo games and Microsoft was like nah yall job is to make halo games...so when their contract expired they moved on. So 343 was created to fill the void left by bungie

So Microsoft wanted to stunt Bungie's growth... even though Bungie essentially made 2 Halo MMOs in Destiny, Microsoft could of had that as an exclusive if they would have gave Bungie some freedom. MS is a terrible video game company and will never do better as long as they are still supported.

It's actually worse than this. Bungie didn't have a contract, it was fully owned by Microsoft. The higher ups of Bungie basically said, we're not gonna keep making Halo, you need to let us leave or we all quit. Microsoft had two choices, hold firm and force Bungie to make Halo and watch everyone walk out or let them leave and at least have a somewhat amicable relationship. Microsoft ran their relationship with Bungie into the ground to the point where Bungie's leadership was ready to walk out.

Yeah, one of the worst decisions ever. To think, Destiny could have been a xbox exclusive. Same thing happened with Epic, M$ completely dropped the ball with them

Yup, just like they did with Bizarre and Project Gotham Racing and Lionhead with Fable.

Well in retrospect its easy for us to say that now...but you have to look back at this in the eyes of 2007-2010.

Halo was....no hyperbole...THE shyt. It was evenly toe to toe with Call of Duty and Halo 3 and Reach were fukking MASSIVE games. So you crushing buildings and all of a sudden the developers come out saying they wanna do something else when you been looking forward to Halo 4 with the same type of success is gonna rub the company the wrong way....but Bungie wanting to express creativity is understandable too...so it was basically a rock and a hard place situation.

This is short-sighted thinking though which is why that fukking MASSIVE game is now a meme and on life support. Like @Dallas' 4 Eva said, they should have increased Bungie's budget so that they could open up another studio that could work on other projects. They ended up being short-sighted, ruining the relationship, and having to build a whole other studio from scratch. Microsoft is a dumb ass company.

Honestly it seems like interference at the highest levels with game development for M$.

Both sequel trilogies from Gears and Halo have been straight :trash: . When Bungie and Epic bailed I refused they didn’t hand off some kind of product roadmap / guide for these IPs.

The mismanagement and going back on promises and MTX ala gears 5 reeks of orders from on top.

Yup it is mismanagement at the highest levels. Bizarre Creations who made Project Gotham Racing said that Microsoft would constantly meddle in development and would demand new features and changes that would require additional budget and months of development time but Microsoft would demand it be done with the same budget and timeline.

"I'm not going to slag [Microsoft] off in an evil way, but obviously we worked on PGR4 for them, and I think that PGR4 was the strongest Gotham game we did - the most fully rounded. But towards the end of that project they wanted us to bring it in early, to chop six weeks off development."

Why would Microsoft's dumb ass do this to a developer?

:mindblown:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Honestly Bungie probably wanted a little freedom to change up the formula because they realized what everyone but MS execs apparently realized a long time ago, and that was Halo had peaked and they needed some room to make it better. Destiny is essentially what Halo should have become like 10 years ago.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fable is not an MMO and Halo Infinite's multiplayer is not being delayed

tenor.gif

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Well in retrospect its easy for us to say that now...but you have to look back at this in the eyes of 2007-2010.

Halo was....no hyperbole...THE shyt. It was evenly toe to toe with Call of Duty and Halo 3 and Reach were fukking MASSIVE games. So you crushing buildings and all of a sudden the developers come out saying they wanna do something else when you been looking forward to Halo 4 with the same type of success is gonna rub the company the wrong way....but Bungie wanting to express creativity is understandable too...so it was basically a rock and a hard place situation.
Naughty dog was in a similar spot around the time uncharted 3 was in development. Sony allowed a portion of the studio focus on a new franchise while the rest were working on uncharted 3.

The results was a another massively successful franchise.

Microsoft has to start believing in their studios instead of just the franchises, it's the studio that makes these games what they are.

Daps

what is Halo doing for them now?
people are laughing at Infinite
add infrastructure to the studio and provide them w/ more resources so they can make Halo along w/ other games
Create a new branched off studio if you have to that focuses on new IPs while the existing ones focus on Halo
MS doesn't know wtf they're doing
They lack intuition for this

Last edited: