Halo Infinite’s multiplayer may not launch with game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So Microsoft wanted to stunt Bungie's growth... even though Bungie essentially made 2 Halo MMOs in Destiny, Microsoft could of had that as an exclusive if they would have gave Bungie some freedom. MS is a terrible video game company and will never do better as long as they are still supported.

Yeah, one of the worst decisions ever. To think, Destiny could have been a xbox exclusive. Same thing happened with Epic, M$ completely dropped the ball with them

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bungie right now
YWDpVsQ.png

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
So Microsoft wanted to stunt Bungie's growth... even though Bungie essentially made 2 Halo MMOs in Destiny, Microsoft could of had that as an exclusive if they would have gave Bungie some freedom. MS is a terrible video game company and will never do better as long as they are still supported.
Well in retrospect its easy for us to say that now...but you have to look back at this in the eyes of 2007-2010.

Halo was....no hyperbole...THE shyt. It was evenly toe to toe with Call of Duty and Halo 3 and Reach were fukking MASSIVE games. So you crushing buildings and all of a sudden the developers come out saying they wanna do something else when you been looking forward to Halo 4 with the same type of success is gonna rub the company the wrong way....but Bungie wanting to express creativity is understandable too...so it was basically a rock and a hard place situation.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Honestly it seems like interference at the highest levels with game development for M$.

Both sequel trilogies from Gears and Halo have been straight :trash: . When Bungie and Epic bailed I refused they didn’t hand off some kind of product roadmap / guide for these IPs.

The mismanagement and going back on promises and MTX ala gears 5 reeks of orders from on top.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Well in retrospect its easy for us to say that now...but you have to look back at this in the eyes of 2007-2010.

Halo was....no hyperbole...THE shyt. It was evenly toe to toe with Call of Duty and Halo 3 and Reach were fukking MASSIVE games. So you crushing buildings and all of a sudden the developers come out saying they wanna do something else when you been looking forward to Halo 4 with the same type of success is gonna rub the company the wrong way....but Bungie wanting to express creativity is understandable too...so it was basically a rock and a hard place situation.

I mean... why couldn't Microsoft just invest more money into Bungie and allow them to open a second studio for they other projects? Bungie at least deserved a chance at making something different, and MS don't seem to have a problem spending money like they got a stolen credit card.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

I mean, Uncharted was doing big shyt too... ND was allowed to do something else and what do you know - it was also incredible and great for Sony as well. Same with Guerrilla. Same with Sucker Punch now too.

Its not an impossible or unique situation. You gotta give your teams freedom to grow. Especially in regard to Halo where its clear they hit their ceiling.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I mean... why couldn't Microsoft just invest more money into Bungie and allow them to open a second studio for they other projects? Bungie at least deserved a chance at making something different, and MS don't seem to have a problem spending money like they got a stolen credit card.
MS got their Forza, Gears and Halo insult for a reason....these 3 brands were stupid successful and MS wanted to ride the shyt till the wheels fell off. That's why they wasn't trying to hear anything different.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

That’s why it pays to have faith in your developers rather than ride franchises into the mud. Sony already let other development teams make both god of war and uncharted games.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
:ehh: I’m official off this shyt. I was hyped cause it looked like going back to traditional halo I loved but I’m not even gonna cop now. This is horrible and I probably won’t even cop a Xbox x for years now. The story interest me very little. I didn’t even play halo 4 or 5

I was only in for multiplayer. But on to the next one I guess

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
MS got their Forza, Gears and Halo insult for a reason....these 3 brands were stupid successful and MS wanted to ride the shyt till the wheels fell off. That's why they wasn't trying to hear anything different.

Not surprised, MS is an American company at the end of the day, no ingenuity at all.