Halo Infinite Gameplay Trailer Analysis: Are The Graphics Really 'Flat'...?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Basically it was a massive fukk up trying to show this game without ray tracing when the real time lighting in the game kinda relies on ray tracing to stand out.

Then they picked a shytty spot in the game to showcase, environment takes place almost completely in shadow.

343 looking amateur as fukk right now.
:francis:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I took it all with a grain of salt not worried just want new Halo.

Why does everything have to blow people away?

If I were to play only games that blew me away I would have played next to no games especially in this era...

As a casual Halo player I saw Halo.

I will purchase Halo.

It didn't have to blow my socks off...

Graphics are graphics I was not offended by anything I saw.
shyt could’ve looked the same as the last game for all I care, I play Halo for the story. I don’t expect amazing visuals from any FPS. I expect smooth gameplay and high framerates. I expect the visuals from other titles like Tomb Raider or something.
:yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, if anyone want a quick summation of why people are shytting on Halo here's why.

System is touted as this juggernaut of power; "12 TERAFLOPS 12 TERAFLOPS!"
Halo's reveal is shrouded in secrecy, boasts about how it will take full advantage of said powerful console
Repeated PR by Phil talking up the conference for July and countdowns to revealing Halo

*Event happens*

Halo looks no different than previous Halo games and graphics look very subpar especially after Sony showed very good looking games graphically(Ratchet especially)

It is what it is:The reveal was not blowing any one away.

Daps
Man, if anyone want a quick summation of why people are shytting on Halo here's why.

Halo's reveal is shrouded in secrecy, boasts about how it will take full advantage of said powerful console
Repeated PR by Phil talking up the conference for July and countdowns to revealing Halo

*Event happens*

Halo looks no different than previous Halo games and graphics look very subpar especially after Sony showed very good looking games graphically(Ratchet especially)

Look at Killzone 2 and look at Infinite :mjlol:
WTF is going on at MS?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's obvious now that this game has suffered from development problems. There were rumors that they started over mid-way. They had a leadership shake up recently too, and a lot of people left the company.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

*Event happens*

I actually agree:manny:

What I disagree with is that making the event whack.

The event was good, halo just didn't live up to the hype that Microsoft was hyping up again. One thing I will admit is they are terrible at PR, like you said you don't hype up power then show off gameplay of a game not taking full advantage of that power on PC running an older build. ESPECIALLY not your flagship title. That's mad questionable, but I think MS just sucks at PR. I also have no doubt the game will look much better by release, but the damage is done now unless they show more in august of the current updated build or at least the build running Ray tracing.

They probably need some "fanboys" on payroll to keep them on there toes tbh.:mjgrin:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Cliffs:

Demo build is 4 months old
Game started on XBO and Unreal Engine 4, scrapped to go to Slipstream Engine.

Like I said in another thread I thought this was known. They mentioned it was a XB1 title during it's unveiling at E3... So I my exceptions where crazy high for this knowing it basically is a port up.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually agree:manny:

What I disagree with is that making the event whack.

The event was good, halo just didn't live up to the hype that Microsoft was hyping up again. One thing I will admit is they are terrible at PR, like you said you don't hype up power then show off gameplay of a game not taking full advantage of that power on PC running an older build. ESPECIALLY not your flagship title. That's mad questionable, but I think MS just sucks at PR. I also have no doubt the game will look much better by release, but the damage is done now unless they show more in august of the current updated build or at least the build running Ray tracing.

They probably need some "fanboys" on payroll to keep them on there toes tbh.:mjgrin:
They seem to just be a bit tone-deaf when it comes to giving events that pizzazz Sony events tend to have. Sony stuff usually have one or two big things shown that gets people hype whereas Microsoft stuff feels like a blog update in video form for already content fans. They hardly ever make their product feel like a must have.