Halo Creative Director Frank O'Connor After Leaving Microsoft/X-Box

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thank god. The community hated him, Bonnie Ross, and Kiki Wolfkill. Now all 3 of em are gone.

Doesnt help that Frank was a smart ass with the fanbase

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I really don’t understand how they fukked Halo up.

It was an exclusive and the most popular FPS in the world.
Honestly, Halo was going to decline in popularity no matter what and I think when MW2 dropped it was a wrap tbh. However, i don't think it's popularity should've dropped this much, but I think the market somewhat moved away from shooters like Halo when MW2 dropped. I think the only way Halo can have stable relevance in today's market is through a battle royale.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Thank god. The community hated him, Bonnie Ross, and Kiki Wolfkill. Now all 3 of em are gone.

Doesnt help that Frank was a smart ass with the fanbase
The three stooges did an insane amount of damage to the brand. Also, doesn't help that all 3 of them were clueless because they fumbled so many bags, ignored the community, and were arrogant. I have no clue how they fumbled a Halo show like that because that show is looking real funny when you have other video games IP doing a better job. Plus, cant forget on video game side of Halo MCC botch and not having live service ready with infinite. It's a damn shame about Infinite because the game plays well, but they didn't make it ready for primetime

Also, I could be wrong, but I think Frank also got banned from resetera due to being racist. So, good riddance he's gone

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The three stooges did an insane amount of damage to the brand. Also, doesn't help that all 3 of them were clueless because they fumbled so many bags, ignored the community, and were arrogant. I have no clue how they fumbled a Halo show like that because that show is looking real funny when you have other video games IP doing a better job. Plus, cant forget on video game side of Halo MCC botch and not having live service ready with infinite. It's a damn shame about Infinite because the game plays well, but they didn't make it ready for primetime

Also, I could be wrong, but I think Frank also got banned from resetera due to being racist. So, good riddance he's gone
Im still baffled how he went from the guy that did the weekly update on Bungie.net to a creative director.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Halo in the bushes
Gears on life support
Microsoft Flight Simulator ain't even a game

But at least they still have Forza! Seriously...what was I thinking??

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
I wonder if Microsoft would consider bringing in someone like Cliff Blezinski? He's one of the reasons why Gears of War was super popular for awhile there.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wonder if Microsoft would consider bringing in someone like Cliff Blezinski? He's one of the reasons why Gears of War was super popular for awhile there.

9f2.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What have MS done since the 360 era? That’s the last time I had one of their consoles, they haven’t dropped that many interesting games imo and y’all can check my psn file I play more games than a lot of you.

The saddest fumble to me and my people is Gears, that was the weekend game of choice and it still baffles me how they fukked that up

Oh what’s next Dead Island 2? I’ll be playing that Thursday
SilverPointedLarva-max-1mb.gif
I'm behind on gaming shyt but it's just wild to think about. 360 was the dominant console for dudes at the time. Everyone was on Xbox Live, everyone was playing Halo, PS3 struggled etc. How they went from that to fukking everything up on the next two consoles, I have no idea. I remember the 360 successor fukked up focusing on cable television as streaming was taking over lmao. It was also more expensive than the PS4.

But just as a dude who checks the gaming forum once a month or so, it's wild to see how far Xbox has fallen. Apparently the new console barely has any games still? How the fukk.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm behind on gaming shyt but it's just wild to think about. 360 was the dominant console for dudes at the time. Everyone was on Xbox Live, everyone was playing Halo, PS3 struggled etc. How they went from that to fukking everything up on the next two consoles, I have no idea. I remember the 360 successor fukked up focusing on cable television as streaming was taking over lmao. It was also more expensive than the PS4.

But just as a dude who checks the gaming forum once a month or so, it's wild to see how far Xbox has fallen. Apparently the new console barely has any games still? How the fukk.

They pretty much released two big games in 2021 and haven’t really anything of size since

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
He’s teasing he’s bringing law breakers back lol
I mean...it wasn't a terrible game at all. It just came out at the wrong time (Overwatch was huge then). He probably does have what it takes to fix the Halo franchise though.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They have some games but nothing remotely close to the 360 era but that’s my opinion I’m sure someone will disagree. I knew Xbox was in trouble when the following console dropped damn shame those were some good times back then