Halo Creative Director Frank O'Connor After Leaving Microsoft/X-Box

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I remember Frank Oconnor before he joined Bungie when he was just the editor of a gaming magazine. He joined Bungie as a community director posting blogs. Not sure what his positioned evolved into actually being. Hopefully he left cause of family reasons and not because 343 Sucks.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Wasnt it rumored that the Call of Duty team was going to take over the franchise once the Activision merger was complete?

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What have MS done since the 360 era? That’s the last time I had one of their consoles, they haven’t dropped that many interesting games imo and y’all can check my psn file I play more games than a lot of you.

The saddest fumble to me and my people is Gears, that was the weekend game of choice and it still baffles me how they fukked that up

Oh what’s next Dead Island 2? I’ll be playing that Thursday
SilverPointedLarva-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wasnt it rumored that the Call of Duty team was going to take over the franchise once the Activision merger was complete?

Wishful thinking, they are already spread thin and have even more platforms to develop for now with Nintendo in the mix.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I really don’t understand how they fukked Halo up.

It was an exclusive and the most popular FPS in the world.

CoD MW was released during Halo 3 lifespan. Before that, there was no competition. Just Counter Strike on PC. Early Halo's benefits from lack of competition.

Good. If the creative direction of the franchise was constantly flip flopping from game to game you were a bad Franchise Creative Director.:yeshrug:

Blame the fans.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
CoD MW was released during Halo 3 lifespan. Before that, there was no competition. Just Counter Strike on PC. Early Halo's benefits from lack of competition.

Blame the fans.

They should have just let Bungie make Destiny. It would have been like letting Naughty Dog move on from Uncharted, a natural progression to a new big IP.

Clinging to IP makes no sense for anyone outside of nintendo

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should have just let Bungie make Destiny. It would have been like letting Naughty Dog move on from Uncharted, a natural progression to a new big IP.

Clinging to IP makes no sense for anyone outside of nintendo

Yeah, but that's a lot easier to say in hindsight than it was at the time. Absolutely no executive in their right kind would let Bungie entertain the thought of leaving Halo behind right after what was one of the most successful launches of all time. If anything, you could say Sony is more flexible due to what happened with Bungie, not just simply in contrast of that.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, but that's a lot easier to say in hindsight than it was at the time. Absolutely no executive in their right kind would let Bungie entertain the thought of leaving Halo behind right after what was one of the most successful launches of all time. If anything, you could say Sony is more flexible due to what happened with Bungie, not just simply in contrast of that.
If the devs who created the franchise and made it successful then let them at dip their toes in something else, they’re telling hey we’re tired of this we need to create something new. I’m happy they left Destiny is my favorite game going by hours played and has way more concurrent players than Halo if we’re going Steam Charts

Halo Reach clearly laid the foundation for Destiny and now Bungie is part of PlayStation what a colossal fukk up