Haitian color caste system

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I have supported Haiti throughout the whole DR ordeal. However, I am starting wonder if Haitians are much better than Dominicans when it comes to classifying their population according to complexion. The little I read about Haiti and the demographics there does seem to be a caste system that pushes the darker skinned populace to the fringes of society and the lighter ones to a better life. Can Haitians on the coli explain this more?

Last edited:

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
I have supported Haiti throughout the whole DR ordeal. However, I am starting wonder if Haitians are much better than Dominicans when it comes to classify their population according to complexion. The little I read about Haiti and the demographics there does seem to be a caste system that pushes the darker skinned populace to the fringes of society and the lighter ones to a better life. Can Haitians on the coli explain this more?

not Haitian but live in a Haitian hood in Miami and had Haitian co-workers that used to kick the ballistics with me. the creoles definitely have both a caste and class system in place. i remember during the earthquake they continued to enjoy life up on the hill over Port au Prince during the suffering.
creole co-worker once made disparaging comments bout n. miami (working class)Haitians.

papa doc was dark skin doe

Francois "Papa Doc" Duvalier

duvalier-6.jpg

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
I have supported Haiti throughout the whole DR ordeal. However, I am starting wonder if Haitians are much better than Dominicans when it comes to classify their population according to complexion. The little I read about Haiti and the demographics there does seem to be a caste system that pushes the darker skinned populace to the fringes of society and the lighter ones to a better life. Can Haitians on the coli explain this more?

Its like that everywhere sweetheart. Most Haitians are black Africans with a handful of Mulattoes and a small but powerful Mulatto elite.

Why are SO concerned about color to the point of obsession. This is not a healthy thing for you.

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
not Haitian but live in a Haitian hood in Miami and had Haitian co-workers that used to kick the ballistics with me. the creoles definitely have both a caste and class system in place. i remember during the earthquake they continued to enjoy life up on the hill over Port au Prince during the suffering.
creole co-worker once made disparaging comments bout n. miami (working class)Haitians.

duvalier-6.jpg
No wonder the haitian government lets DR mistreat the darker Haitians/Dominicans cause they would have been treated with the same contempt back in Haiti anyway. But at least in DR they have a way to make a living.

So sad!!!!!

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
No wonder the haitian government lets DR mistreat the darker Haitians/Dominicans cause they would have been treated with the same contempt back in Haiti anyway. But at least in DR they have a way to make a living.

So sad!!!!!

Your trolling now. Haitian is a extremely poor country. The Mulattoes and a handful of Arabs and control most the island economically. The mulatto elite live in different reality than the average Haitian. I knew Haitian dude from wealthy fam. He spoke proper French and was rather mixed looking. I think his wife was Dominican too.

I once mentioned some about us black people and looked at me like :wtb:.

:manny: That happen when you sell people who look like to people who dont. 500 years later...

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
No such thing. At least not in the way you're thinking

It's a result of a lot of rich foreigners that migrated to Haiti and essentially became Haitian over decades of the families being there. Other part is some of the black mofos who have money being attracted to and marrying mulattos.

Remember when German, Syrians and others were moving to Haiti by the bunches in the mid 1900's Haitians made it illegal for foreigners to OWN land in Haiti. The purpose of said law was to prevent foreigners from coming and buying up all the property while leaving the locals unable to compete in their own land. We've seen how that worked out in some places. See parts of the Bahamas. See Turks and Caicos islands. See Costa Rica.

To circumvent that law many of these foreigners just married Haitian women. Them being white and middle-eastern, they mostly gravitated to.... the lighter-skinned Haitians and mulattos. Thus why you see many Haitian families with german last names and middle eastern last names like Scutt, Acra, Mayher and also including my own last name.
My dads great grandad moved to Haiti from Bangladesh. Thus why many people see my last name on my resume and think I'm indian... only to see a black man show up like "Sak ap fèt, chef?" :smugbiden:

Last edited:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

It's a result of a lot of rich foreigners that migrated to Haiti and essentially became Haitian over decades of the families being there. Other part is some of the black mofos who have money being attracted and marrying mulattos.

Remember when German and Syrians and others were moving to Haiti by the bunches in the mid 1900's Haitians made it illegal for foreigners to OWN land in Haiti. The purpose of said law was to prevent foreigners from coming and buying up all the property while leaving the locals unable to compete in their own land. We've seen how that worked out in some places. See parts of the Bahamas. See Turks and Caicos islands.

To circumvent that law many of these foreigners just married Haitian women. Them being white and middle-eastern, they mostly gravitated to.... the lighter-skinned Haitians and mulattos. Thus why you see many Haitian families with german last names and middle eastern last names like Scutt, Acra, Mayher and also including my own last name.
My dads great grandad moved to Haiti from Bangladesh. Thus why many people see my last name think I'm indian when they see the last name on my resume... only to see a black man show up like "Sak ap fèt, chef?" :smugbiden:
Educational

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

duvalier-6.jpg
Francois ,meant well. Just that the way he went about it (ruthless killings and all) was all wrong.

Francois while he was not communist and didn't want to associate with Castro had the same mindset as Castro: Small countries should be free to determine their own destinies which includes being more than mere playgrounds for the major countries run by puppet governments manipulated by said major countries

That is why he kicked both American and French ambassadors out of the country. He felt that they were doing too much to influence political atmosphere in the country for their own gains.

But his fatal mistake was reassociating back with the Americans when he felt his death was imminent. He knew his son was too young and too weak to maintain power without the backing of a super power. Enter, the United States back into the fold. We haven't recovered since. :snoop:

Daps

It's a result of a lot of rich foreigners that migrated to Haiti and essentially became Haitian over decades of the families being there. Other part is some of the black mofos who have money being attracted and marrying mulattos.

Remember when German and Syrians and others were moving to Haiti by the bunches in the mid 1900's Haitians made it illegal for foreigners to OWN land in Haiti. The purpose of said law was to prevent foreigners from coming and buying up all the property while leaving the locals unable to compete in their own land. We've seen how that worked out in some places. See parts of the Bahamas. See Turks and Caicos islands. See Costa Rica.

My dads great grandad moved to Haiti from Bangladesh. Thus why many people see my last name think I'm indian when they see the last name on my resume... only to see a black man show up like "Sak ap fèt, chef?" :smugbiden:

I read that the law was made by Dessalines but Americans forced them to change it.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I read that the law was made by Dessalines but Americans forced them to change it.
When Americans invaded Haiti they tried to implement a lot of laws to segregate the country too. They tried the same in Cuba. But the black people in both countries were way more powerful than they anticipated.

Then came Charlemagne Peralt leading the opposition front to the American occupation.

But you're right that law has gone back and forth. They recently got rid of it again but still some provisions in there to limit foreigners buying sh!t up. But problem is Haiti as it stands needs to money so i understand why they had to end it.

Daps
When Americans invaded Haiti they tried to implement a lot of laws to segregate the country too. They tried the same in Cuba. But the black people in both countries were way more powerful than they anticipated.

Then came Charlemagne Peralt leading the opposition front to the American occupation.

But you're right that law has gone back and forth. They recently got rid of it again but still some provisions in there to limit foreigners buying sh!t up. But problem is Haiti as it stands needs to money so i understand why they had to end it.

Really wish these fakkit ass cacs would just leave Haiti. Same goes for the Dominicans. Haiti has so much untapped potential but it's always getting fukked over. My dad is a Haitian politician and he told me majority of the officials and government are corrupt lapdogs for France, America, Canada, Dominican Republic and Europe. There needs to be a strong Haitian Nationalist president. Haiti 4 Haitians only.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Really wish these fakkit ass cacs would just leave Haiti. Same goes for the Dominicans. Haiti has so much untapped potential but it's always getting fukked over. My dad is a Haitian politician and he told me majority of the officials and government are corrupt lapdogs for France, America, Canada, Dominican Republic and Europe. There needs to be a strong Haitian Nationalist president. Haiti 4 Haitians only.

Yeah but he'd probably get :bustback:.