Haitian Appreciation Thread

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
American Express 80's Haiti Tourism Promo

THANK YOU
Beautiful video. I expected to cringe, but it was surprisingly respectful and accurate. Tourism was a major industry for the country back then.
Haiti was one of the top vacation destinations for wealthy Americans back then,
Until the "Tree Islands" and "Come Back to Jamaica" tv ad campaigns came through and crushed the buildings.

Ask your folks about those travel commercials, they ran on tv all the time, surely they would remember them. Basically when those ads were on, if you were an Islander......uneducated people saw you as having to be from whichever ad they had just seen. Either the USVI or JA. The very first Fugees single "Boof Baff" made a reference to that.

* @9:31 "Voodoo" is the African word for spirit", but I'll allow it. Hehehehe

Last edited:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Harmonik: Aprè Bondye!!!! :sas1:

Me: Se ouuuUUUUU, se ouuuu :blessed:
What-Shaq-Singing-Meme.jpg

Me: Poukisa ou pa konprann foli mwen
Poukisa ou pa konprann konsèp mwennnnn
Screen_Shot_2019-12-26_at_10.53.10_AM.jpg

Ki fè nou pa byen
Mwen vle chanje sa
Pou nou toujou renmen
Paske, I know
Mwen gen defoooooo :mjcry:
Mwen gen defo, I know :wow:
E m p ap janm kite w dèyè, non

My Haitian brethren dem, mwen se yon frè Surinamais.
Y’all snapped when y’all created Konpa / Kompa:salute:

The instrumentation, the lyrics, the whole vibe is so fire.
:ohlawd:

Mega

Superstar
Daps
THANK YOU
Beautiful video. I expected to cringe, but it was surprisingly respectful and accurate. Tourism was a major industry for the country back then.
Haiti was one of the top vacation destinations for wealthy Americans back then,
Until the "Tree Islands" and "Come Back to Jamaica" tv ad campaigns came through and crushed the buildings.

Ask your folks about those travel commercials, they ran on tv all the time, surely they would remember them. Basically when those ads were on, if you were an Islander......uneducated people saw you as having to be from whichever ad they had just seen. Either the USVI or JA. The very first Fugees single "Boof Baff" made a reference to that.

* @9:31 "Voodoo" is the African word for spirit", but I'll allow it. Hehehehe
I would love to experience what Haiti was like Pre 1986. The stories I hear from my dad and grandparents seem so surreal. They always tell me how immaculate and safe PauP was during their era.
My generation can't catch a break. :mjcry:

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would love to experience what Haiti was like Pre 1986. The stories I hear from my dad and grandparents seem so surreal. They always tell me how immaculate and safe PauP was during their era.
My generation can't catch a break. :mjcry:
She was normal for me :hubie:.PAP was dope on xmas eve. fam would drive to the beach ,have grilled lambi andgriot at the beach. Was safe as fukkk. had car races in the capital, cats were not in a rush to go to USA. Alot of mis information. out there abt how life was.