Haitian Appreciation Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
u know what i mean though breh
Again, only because i speak english nd know how these words you typed would SOUND in english.

Your first sentence should have been "dyol ou santi". The second should have been "Chita la" and the third "ou vlé yon pawson" assuming you meant fish and not poison

A person ou doesn't speak english would have had no clue what you were saying.

Last edited:

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Again, only because i speak english nd know how these words you typed would SOUND in english.

Your first sentence should have been "dyol ou santi". The second should have been "Chita la" and the third "ou vlé on pawson" assuming you meant fish and not poison

A person ou doesn't speak english would have had no clue what you were saying.
Well if I were writing it they wouldnt. But if I'm speaking it I think they would. And yeah I meant fish

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Well if I were writing it they wouldnt. But if I'm speaking it I think they would. And yeah I meant fish
Yeah but thats what kills me about Haitian kids who grew up here. They write the sh!t how it would be pronounced in english.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Yeah but thats what kills me about Haitian kids who grew up here. They write the sh!t how it would be pronounced in english.
Yeah I got a few buddies like that. I'm Dominican so I tend to usually kick it with mostly Haitians

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
:usure:

L'union fait la force
come-on-in-o.gif

@Intruder v3.0 how u not gonna give me some tracks from that shared group breh ? :smh:

Add ya boy and I m sure I can give y all some tunes too :blessed:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
mwen mem parler kreyole mais pas ecrit li.
si ou kapable comprend ki ca map dit la c ok pou mwen.
mais pas aller l'ecole haitien alors grammaire kreyole pas fin tout bien la.
mais la c'est pas l'ecole alors too bad hein?

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
It never occurred to me how big the music was across the Atlantic though, I met this one Irish chick a while back who had this record playing on her phone

she had a huge collection of Kompa and Zouk records on her portable HDD. I asked her how she got into it.... Kassav. I'm almost ashamed to admit it but a huge chunk of my collection came from her and some other chick I knew from Kenya. I just need to find the iPod I backed it all up on so I can share it.

EDIT - what do yall know about the man who I made those smilies of :sas2:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
It never occurred to me how big the music was across the Atlantic though, I met this one Irish chick a while back who had this record playing on her phone

she had a huge collection of Kompa and Zouk records on her portable HDD. I asked her how she got into it.... Kassav. I'm almost ashamed to admit it but a huge chunk of my collection came from her and some other chick I knew from Kenya. I just need to find the iPod I backed it all up on so I can share it.

EDIT - what do yall know about the man who I made those smilies of :sas2:

I went to Paris once. Half the restaurants you walk into be playing Haitian music. Heard Belgium was the same way