Haiti: Nearly a Million People Took to the Streets.They Want the Western-imposed government out of

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

:wow:

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Bringing the chaos to the rich areas.:ohmy:

Not necessarily.

A lot of times when there is unrest in the country, the military or the police will dispatch soldiers to go around the richer neighborhoods and for them to just walk around and shoot in the air. That will scare the protesters away from that area.

Remember don't look at this from US lenses. Average poor people in Haiti (Who make up most of the protesters)dont own guns like that. That's why I've always believed that all the people that are kidnappers have people with money backing them or else well where would they get the guns and the ammunition.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Not necessarily.

A lot of times when there is unrest in the country, the military or the police will dispatch soldiers to go around the richer neighborhoods and for them to just walk around and shoot in the air. That will scare the protesters away from that area.

Remember don't look at this from US lenses. Average poor people in Haiti (Who make up most of the protesters)dont own guns like that. That's why I've always believed that all the people that are kidnappers have people with money backing them or else well where would they get the guns and the ammunition.

I never said the gunshots were from the poor people. And the protesters already sacked Petionville...

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I never said the gunshots were from the poor people. And the protesters already sacked Petionville...
I'm talking about bringing the chaos to Pétionville. IT could be police using gunshots, sometimes blanks to disperse crouds or discourage them from coming to that area.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised by bolded. Pétionville isn't as secluded/upper class as people like to think. Most sof it is pretty much a slum nowadays. I think most of the rich live in neighborhoods like Montagne Noire or Tabarre which is where the US embassy has been relocated to.

Have you been to Pétionville lately? Like this decade? It's trash, breh. Might be a few cool spots here and there near the hotels but I would think the people would much easier overtake Pétionville than they would places like Bourdon which are very limited in access points

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I'm talking about bringing the chaos to Pétionville. IT could be police using gunshots, sometimes blanks to disperse crouds or discourage them from coming to that area.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised by bolded. Pétionville isn't as secluded/upper class as people like to think. Most sof it is pretty much a slum nowadays. I think most of the rich live in neighborhoods like Montagne Noire or Tabarre which is where the US embassy has been relocated to.

Have you been to Pétionville lately? Like this decade? It's trash, breh. Might be a few cool spots here and there near the hotels but I would think the people would much easier overtake Pétionville than they would places like Bourdon which are very limited in access points

I haven't been to Petionville tbh but @Fatboi1 has(recently) and he has posted pictures in the travel discord server(you should come back). I don't remember him saying it was "trash." He actually said it was much better than the previous area he stayed in.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I haven't been to Petionville tbh but @Fatboi1 has(recently) and he has posted pictures in the travel discord server(you should come back). I don't remember him saying it was "trash." He actually said it was much better than the previous area he stayed in.
Again some parts of Petionville are alright but most of it is overrun by street vendors and street markets nowadays. Last time i was in Petionville was... Octover 2018

Tell me i'm lying, @Fatboi1

Mega

Superstar
Daps

The core of Petionville is rundown for the most part. The enclaves above Petionville like Morne Calvaire, Laboule, Montagne Noir, Boutiller are the where the wealthy are.