H.R.6090 Just passed…making it illegal to criticize Israel & more

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
i actually did before i commented. it's not that long....

edit: furthermore, DOS states "...criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other country cannot be regarded as antisemitic." so you can still shyt on Israel for being dikkheads. chill out

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
IsNotReal has worked hard for decades to worm themselves into EU and US power structures and popular industries. They want their colonial genocide project from the start. US and EU can't say shyt either because of their histories. Making the world and Palestinans pay for their historic war crimes, they didn't even want Jews after WW2. Anything to get them somewhere else.

It was all made to seem we're all mad a certain group get insane protections and people get really truthfully cancelled if they speak out. Even passing laws that make it illegal to be against Israel in anything. Insane fukkery. It's good it's all coming out to the exposed though. What a pathetic set of circumstances. Worst thing is the same elites will talk out of their ass about freedom and democracy.

Acting like moral police when it's just a international rule based order to keep western hedgemony and superpower. China got next.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
i actually did before i commented. it's not that long....

edit: furthermore, DOS states "...criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other country cannot be regarded as antisemitic." so you can still shyt on Israel for being dikkheads. chill out

This bill flew right over your head. You need to look at the international holocaust remembrance alliance definition of antisemitism and then come back to this conversation.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

J Street commends the members of the House Democratic Caucus who today voted against a harmful and irresponsible Republican amendment to the Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act – an amendment designed to pave the way for ill-considered crackdowns on free speech under the guise of combating antisemitism.

At a time when concerns and fears about rising antisemitism are justifiably running high, the amendment introduced by Rep. Lawler is a transparent effort to exploit those concerns. It threatens to pull federal funding to any institution of higher learning that fails to crack down on any alleged antisemitic statement at any event anywhere on their campuses. It could easily become a pretext for McCarthyite crackdowns and censorship – unfairly penalizing and targeting institutions that serve thousands of students.

Threatening our academic institutions – at a moment when what they truly need is support and assistance to deal with complex challenges – is a deeply unhelpful and counter-productive approach. This type of heavy-handed intimidation and threat from Congress is not the right way to help Jewish college students confront and defeat antisemitism on their campuses. To help keep our campuses and our country safe, tolerant and democratic, we need to uphold core freedoms, including freedom of speech, political activism, and academic inquiry.

When the person who lead in drafting the definition comes out against it, well...

In November, 2017, Kenneth Stern appeared before the House Judiciary Committee to testify about a bill under consideration, the Anti-Semitism Awareness Act. Approved by the Senate a year earlier, the bill would require the Department of Education to apply a specific definition of antisemitism when investigating alleged cases of discrimination against Jews on college campuses. Stern, a lawyer and scholar who served for twenty-five years as the American Jewish Committee’s in-house expert on antisemitism, had devoted much of his career to highlighting the hatred and intolerance that threatens Jews. He was also the lead drafter of the definition cited by the bill, a definition that he had once urged both State Department officials and foreign policymakers to embrace.

Yet, at the congressional hearing, Stern struck a different note.
The definition, which had been written in 2004 and adopted, in 2016, by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (I.H.R.A.), an intergovernmental organization based in Stockholm, was created to help governments collect data on antisemitism, he said. It “was not drafted, and was never intended, as a tool to target or chill speech on a college campus.” Stern was particularly concerned about a section of the definition that listed eleven contemporary examples of antisemitism, among them “denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination” and holding Israel to “double standards” that were not expected of other nations.

As this language suggests, Stern believed that antisemitism could manifest as hostility to Israel and Zionism. But he also believed that enshrining such a definition into law would have dangerous consequences, exposing schools to civil-rights investigations simply for allowing lectures, protests, or programs that cast Israel in a negative light. In fact, some groups had already complained that courses critical of Zionism, and even films about Israel’s occupation of the West Bank, amounted to discrimination, based on the I.H.R.A. definition. The proposed bill was a clear threat to academic freedom, Stern warned, placing Congress in the middle of a debate that it had no business adjudicating.