Gym/Workout Confession Thread

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Sometimes I went to the gym without an actual goal I would just challenge other people the whole time. I didnt actually say it was a challenge I would just have my equipment on exactly the same settings, lift the same weight erc. I remember I was getting into it with this dude on the treadmill and we just kept looking back and forth at each other like just quit already damn. I quit first but he stopped immediately after. We were both at the point where we done had our second wind abd running on ego and fumes:francis:. Saw him try to bang out another set and he just left. So not only did i lose but i sabotaged dudes circuit:mjlol:

So I actually won:lupe:
careful breh you wouldnt want to do some shyt like wit a cat like me.....

I'll jump up weight and clown you. I run into people like this every now and then.....

They'll see me start off squatting with a warm-up set.....

Then I'll fukk around and jump to 3 plates. :youngsabo:

Then i go atg.....
and it's over....
sometimes I'll keep adding weight until I hit 4 plates....

I intimidate a lot of peeps in the gym, because I'm not some 6'4 240lbs cat, but I probably lift more than most of them and with perfect form :whew:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Nah. Just been stressing a bit. Ill get back on track

I missed 2 workout days (both push days at that) this week cuz I've been stressing too. And I boozed it off a little.

fukk it breh, I'm hitting the gym to get back into the swing of things and I hope you are too

Let's get it breh

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I practically abandon stretching. I should be doing this, especially since I run prior to almost every workout session.

I don't do chin ups without the machine. I used to, though...6-7 sets of 10 on the regular. I know I can do one, and one will eventually turn into two, etc. I've just been too comfortable with the weight-assisted machine.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
I skipped going to the gym one day because I couldn't find my headphones :beli:

:pachaha: this has only happened two times ever, but I got to the gym and then realized I forgot my headphones at home, so walked right out, got back in my car and drove back home to pick them up and drove back to the gym. I refuse to workout without music and it's now the reason why I keep a cheap wired set of earbuds in my glove compartment as a back-up.

I secretly judge any women that only lift legs and does it every damn day (thus never letting their muscles recover which means their just essentially spinning their wheels) just as I judge any dude that never lifts legs and sticks to primarily bench press and bicep curls. shyt just seems like an exercise in futility and flexing for instagram views.

Last edited:

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Forgot my headphones maybe 3-4 times in the years i been working out, sucks but no excuses

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have learned multiple tough lessons over the past 3 years of training fully. While I prefer to utilize Push/Pull/Legs as my workout programming I get far better results from doing 3 full body workouts a week, 1 day of calisthenics and an optional day of cardio.

Right now I am having an issue getting to a 500LB deadlift I can’t lock out on any weight above 465. One of my goals this year is to get a 500 lb deadlift.

My back squat has went up a great amount I can back squat 405lbs. I think I will get to 465 by the end of the year.

My weakest lift by far is my overhead barbell press. I can only 1rm x 185lbs. I would like to get that to 225lbs but can’t break 185.

My flat barbell bench has steady went up I can do 315lbs with not spotter and push 335 with a spotter. However I prefer to do dumbell work.

So with all of this being set I can tell you my massive flaw right now. I’m not eating enough. Since I have to maintain my cardio endurance and ability to do calisthenics I’m trying to remain around the same body weight. I believe if i ate more I’d be able to push more weight also I think if I rested more and went to training twice a week I could also.

My fitness goal is to be able to hit 1,200lbs on my big 3 lifts (Deadlift, Squat, Push Press)

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I'm rocking shorts, before i do a anything- even stretch, I get a quick pump on a seated calf raise. :sadcam:

Honestly I think that’s a smart way to do things calves usually lag on a lot of people:..I always hop on the leg extension to get my pump but my calves are weak so I may switch it up.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
careful breh you wouldnt want to do some shyt like wit a cat like me.....

I'll jump up weight and clown you. I run into people like this every now and then.....

They'll see me start off squatting with a warm-up set.....

Then I'll fukk around and jump to 3 plates. :youngsabo:

Then i go atg.....
and it's over....
sometimes I'll keep adding weight until I hit 4 plates....

I intimidate a lot of peeps in the gym, because I'm not some 6'4 240lbs cat, but I probably lift more than most of them and with perfect form :whew:

:what:

Short nikkas have an advantage tho. I'm 6'4" and I don't even waste time trying to compete with people. I'm so glad I lift by myself and don't worry about anyone else.