Guyana projected to earn $ 1 Billion from oil sales in 2022/ *have 2nd highest GDP growth in the world in 2023

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
All that money going to corrupt officials lmao

Still gonna be substandard housing and dirt roads

Edit:
If they first move isn’t to modernize the electric grid and create some type of updated plumbing and irrigation system for the rural areas then it’s literally more of the same

Venezuela in the cut bout to get ethered on the land dispute tho :whoo:
Just about to comment…let’s see how much of that will go to the people and infrastructure….

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
It's not an Island, and you're gonna need a lot more than a billion dollars per year to create a grid network that can transport electricity to (and from) 1. Venezuela (that has the biggest oil reserves in the world and one of the biggest hydroelectric power plants, yet major problems with energy) or Suriname (which has the same situation as Guyana, as far as new oil reserves and that goes). 3. cities in the middle of the Amazon rainforest.

First and foremost they need to cover their own country, which has a low coverage. Then they might need to take advantage of rivers to generate hydroelectric power, then the most expensive and unreliable tidal hydroplants and the list goes on. But all this is a lot more expensive than 1 billion per year.
You right got them mixed up with another place but they are close to the water and so that's a resource they could tap into. I'm saying they could use this money as a major part of their transition.

When it comes to energy especially in the context of climate change "how much will it cost?" Needs to be taken completely out of the equation. The risk of not taking serious and radical action is far far far more dangerous than trying to save costs. Its like arguing over the buffet while the titanic is sinking. 'We wanted to save money' will be little recourse to the wild mobs that are going to form in the future demanding answers.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Great news. Hopefully it's managed well and corruption is minimized.

Good luck with that.
ZK6Mw21.png

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good news for a BLACK Country, I hope its put to good use.

My uncle from there, just bought a house there & planning to relocate there when he retires

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What they’re leaving out is how much Guyana owes these big oil companies. The companies are basically CHARGING Guyana to drill on its own land. The country is getting robbed blind and being put into debt.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The U.S, after the meeting was over:

url

I SAID!!

@Patrick Kane @Gully Bull @FunkDoc1112

*just jokes

All that money going to corrupt officials lmao

Still gonna be substandard housing and dirt roads

Edit:
If they first move isn’t to modernize the electric grid and create some type of updated plumbing and irrigation system for the rural areas then it’s literally more of the same

Venezuela in the cut bout to get ethered on the land dispute tho :whoo:

That’s it? Just $1bn? Unstable Iraq is on pace to crack $120bn this year.

War torn Libya has made nearly $12bn this first half of 2022

It's not an Island, and you're gonna need a lot more than a billion dollars per year to create a grid network that can transport electricity to (and from) 1. Venezuela (that has the biggest oil reserves in the world and one of the biggest hydroelectric power plants, yet major problems with energy) or Suriname (which has the same situation as Guyana, as far as new oil reserves and that goes). 3. cities in the middle of the Amazon rainforest.

First and foremost they need to cover their own country, which has a low coverage. Then they might need to take advantage of rivers to generate hydroelectric power, then the most expensive and unreliable tidal hydroplants and the list goes on. But all this is a lot more expensive than 1 billion per year.

Will be siphoned off into a few corrupt officials and overseas conglomerates accounts :coffee:

:mjlol:
I mean, it's great news for their economy, but somebody in govt or business will be eating way better than they deserve.

I know "america bad" 🙄 and all that, but Venezuela is much closer to the idea of invasion... Theres a big border dispute

You heard it here first...

If they're smart they'll flip that into renewables and step up their battery making capabilities. If you are a country that gets a lot of sun, if you have solar panels and batteries you can literally sell your excess power to other places. As an island nation they can potentially harness the ocean tides for energy too. If they have lots of floating power collecting instruments near by, they can collect more energy.

So theoretically they collect energy during the day and from the waves and store batteries to power their grid at night. Oil can be used for back up power. The world is switching from oil and the good news is they can still get in on the green gold rush.
that resource curse is NASTY indeed... :francis:

Only Norway really has success navigating it.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Good news for a BLACK Country, I hope its put to good use.

My uncle from there, just bought a house there & planning to relocate there when he retires
Blacks make up less than 30% of guyana. How is that a black country? Indians are the biggest ethnic group there and they are the ones who hold most of the wealth and power.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
What they’re leaving out is how much Guyana owes these big oil companies. The companies are basically CHARGING Guyana to drill on its own land. The country is getting robbed blind and being put into debt.
And China is about to make Guyana an outpost even without the news of oil. Soon mandarin with a carribbean accent gonna be the norm

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I assume that forward thinking Guyanese + diaspora are trying to carve out a niche amidst this boom, but Coli will always Coli.
It’s a country ripe with racism and corruption. He’s not wrong; you look at any flight going to Guyana and there are many Chinese people.

There are people looking to build up, but when you look at the major infrastructures and construction going up, it’s not with the local people in mind.

In an ideal world, striking oil like this should turn Guyana into a Belize type tourist destination, but I don’t see the people in power wanting to do that. Many of them just want to line their own pockets off contracts.