Guyana launches million dollar initiative to bring back members of their diaspora

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Imma visit to say I went, but Guyana has never been an key part of my life experience. The small township in the jungle all I care about and even then, none of my family there anymore. Not sure where the disconnect is. How many other first/second generation immigrants stop what their doing to build up another country?

It5pprg.gif
:camby: c00n babble.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
:pachaha: Breh, your parents didn’t come here so your fakkit ass can cut school and drive up and down Liberty and all around Richmond Hill blasting your bullshyt music in your hooptie with your sorry ass sound system.
I grew up in semi rural Florida

None of that applies to me. I had a Chrysler Concorde on 20s with a good sound system and a ps2 in it. As was on par with the time I grew up in.

smile-dust-off.gif

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Mom dukes is there visiting right now.

I haven't been since middle School and currently have no plans to go back.

If they don't squander the money from the oil discoveries and put it towards development we could escape being one of the poorest countries in the world. I doubt it though. Too much corruption.

Suriname is in the same predicament but the constant money grabbing and rampant corruption has already all but killed the local currency. There's more then enough resources both on land and in the sea but they're selling the country to the highest bidder,get the money and a good percentage of it is never seen again,a sizeable portion goes the IMF ,the speculants and Assembly members fight for the rest while the country is suffering.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

President Ali extends invitation to ‘Black Panther’ actress Letitia Wright​

November 16, 2022

congratulates the Guyana-born on her success

President Dr Mohamed Irfaan Ali has written Guyana-born British actress, Letitia Michelle Wright congratulating her on the resounding success of the ‘Black Panther’ and its sequel ‘Wakanda Forever’.
President Ali, in a letter dated November 15, 2022, said he was moved by an interview in which Wright mentioned the country of her birth and how much she wanted to make the people of Guyana proud.
President.jpg
President of Guyana, Dr Mohamed Irfaan Ali
“I thank you for the recognition which you have brought our country and the immense feelings of pride which your superb onscreen performances have evoked. As President of the Co-operative Republic of Guyana, I would like to extend an invitation to you to visit Guyana,” the letter stated.
The Head of state expressed that the government would be honoured to host Wright and will be more than delighted to welcome her home.
Wright was born in Georgetown, Guyana and moved with her family to London at the age of seven. The 29-year-old actress began her career with guest roles in the television series, Top Boy, Coming Up, Chasing Shadows, Humans, Doctor Who and Black Mirror.
Wright rose to fame after her performance in the Marvel Studio’s Black Panther movie in 2018 as ‘Shuri’, the on-screen sister of ‘Tchalla’ the character played by now deceased Chadwick Boseman, and now the newly released Wakanda Forever sequel.

*the interview referenced in the article. From the press tour for the 1st. Black Panther film

Last edited:

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Unless there’s a concerted effort to maintain the relationship with the culture second and third generation immigrants have zero connection to wherever their grandparents or great grandparents came from. That’s like assuming a breh from Cali should understand and associate himself with the south because his great grandma was born in Georgia.
That’s true. My parents are from Guyana but I barely know anything about the culture because they never want to talk about it. They haven’t even gone back to visit since they left in the 80s. I wish that I had more of a connection to it