Guy Ritchie's The Covenant

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
F09h03GXoAI2qfV
F09h03EXsAAjMvx

Superstar
Daps
@987654321 I would love to get your feedback on this one as a service member. I always wonder how realistic these Afghanistan/Iraq war movies are.

I was able to see the last 30 or 40 minutes, being nosy, and looking at some cacā€™s iPad, across the aisle, on a flight yesterday.

I couldnā€™t hear but it looked kind of dumb and cheesy, a pure propaganda piece. I try to ignore all the excessive dramatics, but sometimes these directors do too much. It looks like it was written and directed by a five year old, playing gi Joeā€™s on the edge of their bathtub.

The combat/action gave me second hand embarrassment. They clearly didnā€™t have the budget so the action, I did see, looked like the was equivalent to the power rangers fighting puttyā€™s in a random park.

The AC-130 might have been the weakest bullshyt Iā€™ve ever seen on film. When the group of guys on the bridge started cyber dancing and/or throwing themselves in their backs, I thought ā€œthis better not be some kind of CASā€. They instantly showed an AC-130 and I was like:

ā€œItā€™s fukking CASā€¦ā€
dylan-what.gif

Long story short. I saw nothing realistic about this movie except the use of ā€œjingle trucksā€ in Afghanistan:
Pakistani_truck.jpg

It should continue to be enjoyed, purely as a source of entertainment. I hope no one would ever use it as a reference for modern combat. Plus he probably could have just paid money to guarantee the interpreterā€™s passage to safety, and avoid all the other bs in the movie lol

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I was able to see the last 30 or 40 minutes, being nosy, and looking at some cacā€™s iPad, across the aisle, on a flight yesterday.

I couldnā€™t hear but it looked kind of dumb and cheesy, a pure propaganda piece. I try to ignore all the excessive dramatics, but sometimes these directors do too much. It looks like it was written and directed by a five year old, playing gi Joeā€™s on the edge of their bathtub.

The combat/action gave me second hand embarrassment. They clearly didnā€™t have the budget so the action, I did see, looked like the was equivalent to the power rangers fighting puttyā€™s in a random park.

The AC-130 might have been the weakest bullshyt Iā€™ve ever seen on film. When the group of guys on the bridge started cyber dancing and/or throwing themselves in their backs, I thought ā€œthis better not be some kind of CASā€. They instantly showed an AC-130 and I was like:

ā€œItā€™s fukking CASā€¦ā€
dylan-what.gif

Long story short. I saw nothing realistic about this movie except the use of ā€œjingle trucksā€ in Afghanistan:
Pakistani_truck.jpg

It should continue to be enjoyed, purely as a source of entertainment. I hope no one would ever use it as a reference for modern combat. Plus he probably could have just paid money to guarantee the interpreterā€™s passage to safety, and avoid all the other bs in the movie lol
1. The movie was filmed in Spain.
2. The ending is the bowtie, much of the movie happens before that dam, you should see that part before you grade it.