Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 (PC, PS4, PS3)

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
im not afraid but i would get sent to bolivia so it wouldnt really be worth your time. last match i played, a little girl with a boat anchor beat me senseless, breh.
thats what im saying. I personally dont like playing people who suck/way worse than me. its not fun at all

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
:russ: At everyone being too shook to play. I don't blame yall tho, I still suck too :mjcry::mjcry:

I'll eventually start playin dudes on here, I just been busy as hell lately and haven't been playing like I want to. My first Guilty Gear game in YEARS. I fukked with BlazBlue tho, so I'm not completely foreign to the play style.

Right now I'm rocking with Ky and I-no, who yall dudes playing with so far?

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
:russ: At everyone being too shook to play. I don't blame yall tho, I still suck too :mjcry::mjcry:

I'll eventually start playin dudes on here, I just been busy as hell lately and haven't been playing like I want to. My first Guilty Gear game in YEARS. I fukked with BlazBlue tho, so I'm not completely foreign to the play style.

Rockin' with Axl right now, dude seems to be my speed, but those TK Axl Bomber loops are hard as fukk :damn:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Chipp is my main. Was since the very first game, though that and maybe 1 other GG game are about the only Gears games I've played before this one.

Strike-Wun

Lion-O Ritchie
Supporter
Daps
man... i suck ass at this game, yall got any tips? :sadcam:

I do pretty well playing the computer and playing my brother, but get my ass handed to me online

edit: forgot to mention, this is my first gear game

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I do pretty well playing the computer and playing my brother, but get my ass handed to me online

Be mindful of your tension gauge for sure. Work on utilizing gold burst (THe burst meter beside your energy bar at the top corners of the screen) offensively correctly rather than just using burst to break out of combos, as this is how you can get a jump in tension. Get a few bnb combos down for whomever you use. Try not to whore using your guard barrier when you don't have to (basically, learn how to blow normals with just normal blocking and save barrier guard blocking for when being rushed down in the corner or for blocking supers or when energy is really low), as it lowers tension as well as the time frame you have to replenish tension. Though an added bonus to barrier guarding is that you can instantly stop a dash/run forward by going into duck down/barrier guard state. Learn the timing of blitz shield (the game's parry mechanic). It's dependent upon tension as well (like everything practically in the game) and takes 25% of the tension gauge to use, but you get half of it back if you successfully parry someone with it. Be prepared to strike fast after a parry tho (like with a bnb combo, as it can be a freebie combo opener). Be mindful of your opponents tension gauge too though, specially when using Blitz Shield as they can parry your next attack with one as well, as this can go back n forth till someone runs out of tension, does an unsuccessful Blitz Shield (which leaves you wide open) or does a move that can't be Blitz Shielded (throws or super moves).

And of course, always follow the ABCs of fighting games, Always Be Comboing/Countering. Other fighting game principles also are always at play, such as spacing, distancing, controlling space, and being aware of both your character and your opponents movement speeds and individualized control of space (i.e. how they go about doing as such).

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

we should be playing matches, breh. this is my first GG and my first fighting game that i am attempting to seriously learn in years so we are probably on the same level. the little bit of progress i have been making has come from working on okizeme and blocking however i play chipp so it's pretty much feast or famine with this guy due to his weak durability and damage output.

also: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/page/index.html

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
we should be playing matches, breh. this is my first GG and my first fighting game that i am attempting to seriously learn in years so we are probably on the same level. the little bit of progress i have been making has come from working on okizeme and blocking however i play chipp so it's pretty much feast or famine with this guy due to his weak durability and damage output.

also: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/page/index.html

Fight me.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Just got the limited edition in the mail yesterday. Got the next two days off:blessed:

I've always been a fan of guilty gear since the ps days. The demo for xrd was crazy, so I can't wait to fully get into this. BTW anyone who is a fan of the series, the content for the limited edition was well worth it

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York

Sol and Slayer. But I wanna learn Valentines also