Guilty Gear -STRIVE- (PC, Xbox, Switch, PS5, PS4)

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve been using Nagoriyuki :wow:

I need to sit down and learn the mechanics, I just d/l the game and rushed to online without playing the tutorial :russ:

I thought I would be decent since I played the last game but this feels way different in a good way. Day one cop

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ve been using Nagoriyuki :wow:

I need to sit down and learn the mechanics, I just d/l the game and rushed to online without playing the tutorial :russ:

I thought I would be decent since I played the last game but this feels way different in a good way. Day one cop

Yeah, i gotta do some practice mode for a few hours, and test out a few different characters. I like. Nagoriyuki but I was having trouble getting the hang of his dash move so I could avoid to fireballs from I NO. There’s another dude with chains that was just putting the beats on me. I couldnt even get near him.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Da hell you talmbout breh he gains blood slower and has a AA jab
That dash fills up less but not really by much (going from 6 dashes in the previous beta to 7 now). But the guage builds faster during combos. His approach was nerfed due to the AA change as well. IIRC the bloodsucking universe was nerfed in some ways and buffed in some ways (more damage) but the you now still build meter even if the effect is active.

Last edited:

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
my bad breh confused that, meant his command grab consumes a lot his blood meter.

Breh hit hella hard in the first beta like Season 1 Ryu, so I don’t mind it.
He definitely did hit hard and have some really good range on some normals but he was high risk. Dude has no normal dash, no armored moves, his command dash has no invincibility, he is slow as shyt and doesn't have a good reversal so if you getting rushed down you gotta hold that add that to having to manage a blood guage that can easily cost you 50% health and thats not even taking in account an unsafe activation which can be easily punished.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I'm thinking about picking this up to go along with Genshin as my secondary game during the summer.

What controller are you guys using for those playing on PS5? I'd rather not use the Dualsense on a fighting game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ll prob wait for sale and for them to release new characters.

Doesn’t make sense to buy this with R&C and FF7 coming out on the same day

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm thinking about picking this up to go along with Genshin as my secondary game during the summer.

What controller are you guys using for those playing on PS5? I'd rather not use the Dualsense on a fighting game.

Funny, during the beta, they wouldn't allow me to use my usual fightpad controller that I use for all fighters. I now have a Hori fight pad that a fellow local FGC buddy of my gave me for free due to my cycle of repeated 1 month breaks of the Madcatz Street Fighter controllers that I used to use. It's durability seems to definitely be better and has some extra functions too, but I don't really use them.

It's effective and is mostly on par with my mad catz ones of old, including a technically more comfortable and allegedly better directional pad. But ionno if it's a matter of acclimation, the fact that the controller was slightly used or cuz he didn't really break it in like I've been doing now, but it comes with some slight, intermittent hindrance to my performance. Namely that sometimes it seems to not register me blocking attacks or special move motions not working accordingly.

Last edited: