Guillermo Del Toro Exits 'Justice League Dark'

Remy Danton

All Star
Daps

Guillermo del Toro has lots of enthusiasm and passion to take as many projects as possible. And he does. But his reach often outstretches his grasp, and over the years, we've seen handfuls of movies fall by the wayside simply because del Toro only has so much time in the day. And yet another movie has hit the dustbin for the filmmaker.

Today it was announced that a handful of Vertigo/DC Comic movies that are brewing at Warner Bros. were being shifted over to their other arm, New Line. Yawn, right? Well, inside of that news as reported by THR, is the nugget that del Toro has exited "Justice League Dark." As always, there are — or were — big plans for this whole other potential cinematic universe.

“Right now, the only sort of shared universe project I’m working on is Dark Universe for Warners, you know, for DC, which is Swamp Thing, Demon, Deadman, Zatanna. It’s a very different universe,” he said last December. Indeed, as of right now, Warner Bros. hasn't slotted JLD onto their slate of projects, and one would wager those characters are on hold for the moment as they focus on getting Regular Justice League up and running first.

So, that's it for del Toro and "Justice League Dark." Up next is his already in the can horror "Crimson Peak," with "Pacific Rim 2" on the horizon. After that, who knows, but he'll probably line up a dozen options to choose from.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/guillermo-del-toro-exits-justice-league-dark-20150629

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never thought this movie was going to get made in the first place. Focus on the Justice League first before coming out with any "dark" version. I don't like the idea of the JL having a black ops/secret/"dark" branch anyway.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Never thought this movie was going to get made in the first place. Focus on the Justice League first before coming out with any "dark" version. I don't like the idea of the JL having a black ops/secret/"dark" branch anyway.

They weren't associated with the JL in any way though. They just call it JL because marketing.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
never heard of justice league dark before

:dahell:

JL: Dark is a magical based JL with characters like Zatanna...it has nothing to do with black ops

Justice-League-Dark.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I never thought it was going to get made either just because del Toro has a bad habit of seeing a property that catches his eye and announcing he is going to make a movie about it then nothing ever comes of it.
And Justice League Dark isn't black ops or anything like that; its a team of supernatural characters.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dahell:

JL: Dark is a magical based JL with characters like Zatanna...it has nothing to do with black ops

Justice-League-Dark.jpg
Was referencing Justice League Elite with the black ops part. I don't like those types of JL off-shoots. Just call them the Shadowpact.