Guess which game Metacritic USERS chose for their GOTY?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was good but GoT fans were saying TLOU2 was only winning awards due to media/editors/writers. TLOU2 is damn near the GOTY everywhere you look... even on The Coli.

I’m a GoT fan I played and loved both :russ: these nikkas ain’t competing in my system. TLOU2 was my GOTY but I didn’t take that to mean it was THE GOTY. That’s for the ppl who stand to make money off of it imo. I don’t even usually care about GOTY awards I just laugh at the wars and crusades. Some awards don’t (shouldn’t) affect whether or not you liked the game, but some ppl took themselves and some loud mf’s not liking TLOU2 and extrapolated that shyt to everybody else (the majority) not liking it either, or even worse tried to force their opinion on others as fact, and then started banking on the awards to validate them, so I was rooting for it to win just to see the :fire: and it didn’t disappoint.

It’s not hard to just like what you like :yeshrug: there’s room for all of us

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
The game looks gorgeous, has an insane level of detail to every aspect of its presentation and combat is smooth while still simulating realistic weight to movement.

Overblown story complaints aside I can't see anyone hating on the core game itself.

Once you get through the cut scenes the game it self is very good both abby and ellie play well and play different

They gave abby the better story beats and set pieces :yeshrug:

I found the cut scenes a slog but the game play is the best combination of stealth action and horror

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
great game just not as good as it could have been

had a great time playing it and watching the graphics but looking back over the first and second its a missed opportunity in terms of storytelling, it's not up there for me with the most engaging stories i've experienced through and it had the potential to be there

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
great game just not as good as it could have been

had a great time playing it and watching the graphics but looking back over the first and second its a missed opportunity in terms of storytelling, it's not up there for me with the most engaging stories i've experienced through and it had the potential to be there

yeah, i think thats fair but just for me, there hasn't been a game as emotionally in-depth that has managed kept me on the edge of my seat for 25 hours. Even down to final moments my heart was still beating like crazy. After you experience the story theres not much reason to playthrough the game again, which is why factions was so needed cause the gameplay itself is A1 but to have to go through that emotionally draining story to play it again is tough.

despite the fact that this is a zombie story it felt like the most realistic games i've ever played in my life. When people died it felt very realistic and gut wrenching. I always compare this game to the movie, "I Saw The Devil" thats the level of engagement i had with the story and themes

also, i realized as I played Ghost of Tsushima that while it was better than the average video game plot line that i wasn't that connected to any of the characters. When the big deaths happened in that game It was kind of like whatever lol but for minor characters like jessie and dina was losing my mind over

tenor.gif

DONT DOOOOOO ITTTT!!!!!!!:damn:

60803798cd3ebd7c46f3dcd5e6699f07.gif

Last edited:

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Game was emotionally draining. Couldn't even give the GOT a fair shot it was so unpolished in comparison.

I remember being in a tunnel and it's almost felt like I was in the game :wow: never had that shyt happen.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
yeah, i think thats fair but just for me, there hasn't been a game as emotionally in-depth that has managed kept me on the edge of my seat for 25 hours. Even down to final moments my heart was still beating like crazy. After you experience the story theres not much reason to playthrough the game again, which is why factions was so needed cause the gameplay itself is A1 but to have to go through that emotionally draining story to play it again is tough.

despite the fact that this is a zombie story it felt like the most realistic games i've ever played in my life. When people died it felt very realistic and gut wrenching. I always compare this game to the movie, "I Saw The Devil" thats the level of engagement i had with the story and themes

also, i realized as I played Ghost of Tsushima that while it was better than the average video game plot line that i wasn't that connected to any of the characters. When the big deaths happened in that game It was kind of like whatever lol but for minor characters like jessie and dina was losing my mind over

tenor.gif

DONT DOOOOOO ITTTT!!!!!!!:damn:

60803798cd3ebd7c46f3dcd5e6699f07.gif

i feel you, i was mad engaged while playing it as well but when i finished and was looking at it top down a bunch of things stood out in a bad way

for what its worth, the fact that i could even compare it to the top stories ive experienced is a testament to the foundation the developers were able to create with the first game; its crazy to see how far video games have come from when i used to play w my brother when we was kids

also the fact that its still people going back and forth about what should and shouldn't have happened six months later shows that the story definitely wasn't forgettable, just questionable

i don't think it was a bad a story as a lot of folk try to jack it is, it just wasn't incredible the way the first one was

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Game was whack as fukk. Saying the story criticisms were overblown is sycophant talk. The story really was that bad.

Joel dying isn't the issue, he should've died in a third game. Instead, they rushed his death in the second and all of the "polarizing" talk happened because it was so fukking forced. But they didn't stop there. They decided, for some odd reason, to shyt ALL over Ellie in this joint. Had this bytch be a boss fight, even though she only survived because of Joel's actions, then had her and her pregnant girlfriend get their shyt pushed all the way in by a character that should've had an entire game for players to acclimate to before pulling the trigger on Joel being her target. Then, just when you think the game's gonna end with her and the baby on the tractor, this bytch gets PTSD and wants a runback that she barely wins, only to return to a house devoid of girlfriend and baby.

Druckmann and that white bytch wrote the script for that game off a couple mollies or something.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game was whack as fukk. Saying the story criticisms were overblown is sycophant talk. The story really was that bad.

Joel dying isn't the issue, he should've died in a third game. Instead, they rushed his death in the second and all of the "polarizing" talk happened because it was so fukking forced. But they didn't stop there. They decided, for some odd reason, to shyt ALL over Ellie in this joint. Had this bytch be a boss fight, even though she only survived because of Joel's actions, then had her and her pregnant girlfriend get their shyt pushed all the way in by a character that should've had an entire game for players to acclimate to, before pulling the trigger on Joel being her target. Then, just when you think, the game's gonna end with her and the baby on the tractor, this bytch gets PTSD and wants a runback that she barely wins, only to return to a house devoid of girlfriend and baby.

Druckman and that white bytch wrote the script for that game off a couple mollies or something.

Loud minority^

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Joel dying isn't the issue, he should've died in a third game. Instead, they rushed his death in the second and all of the "polarizing" talk happened because it was so fukking forced. But they didn't stop there. They decided, for some odd reason, to shyt ALL over Ellie in this joint. Had this bytch be a boss fight, even though she only survived because of Joel's actions, then had her and her pregnant girlfriend get their shyt pushed all the way in by a character that should've had an entire game for players to acclimate to, before pulling the trigger on Joel being her target. Then, just when you think, the game's gonna end with her and the baby on the tractor, this bytch gets PTSD and wants a runback that she barely wins, only to return to a house devoid of girlfriend and baby.

Druckman and that white bytch wrote the script for that game off a couple mollies or something.

Agreed. Woke people like Resetera eat this shyt up though. Have you ever been to Resetera? They're an extremist forum:huhldup:

And the ending was terrible