GTA VI Supposedly in Development Hell

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I think maybe thats why there were rumors of it possibly starring a woman a few months back. It seems like they will actually lean more toward saints row than the other way around.

And I’m pretty sure GTA has always been cac humor

Yeah but there were limits in the previous GTA games. I was more referring going way over the top like Saint Row did for their games after SR2.

I don't see the GTA fanbase accepting a female protagonist. They barely accepted CJ in San Andreas in 2004.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know this story. Quick synopsis. :feedme:
Dan Houser left in early 2020, he was basically the one in charge of the creative for all the recent GTA games and the RDR games. he started his own game development studio now

Leslie Benzies the lead designer for GTA and the head of Rockstar North left years ago and had a big lawsuit with them over royalties and shyt. dude also started his own gaming company and is creating an open world game called Everywhere

even Lazlow who has been in every GTA game since GTA 3 left the company recently.

it was really more my own speculation that it has to do with GTA Online and lack of any creativity anymore, but they're definitely not gonna have the same people that were behind a lot of their success in the last 2 decades with whatever game they put out next. but Take-Two (who owns rockstar) definitely seem more obsessed with making money off online transactions than giving a fukk about games anymore. same problem has gone into NBA 2k and shyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dan Houser left in early 2020, he was basically the one in charge of the creative for all the recent GTA games and the RDR games. he started his own game development studio now

Leslie Benzies the lead designer for GTA and the head of Rockstar North left years ago and had a big lawsuit with them over royalties and shyt. dude also started his own gaming company and is creating an open world game called Everywhere

even Lazlow who has been in every GTA game since GTA 3 left the company recently.

it was really more my own speculation that it has to do with GTA Online and lack of any creativity anymore, but they're definitely not gonna have the same people that were behind a lot of their success in the last 2 decades with whatever game they put out next. but Take-Two (who owns rockstar) definitely seem more obsessed with making money off online transactions than giving a fukk about games anymore. same problem has gone into NBA 2k and shyt.

yep, and like most heads of companies they take a sizable chunk of the people they've worked with, with them. Vets of this caliber don't start new studios by themselves they usually have a skeleton crew of people and a dozen other veteran designers to work with.

so many new AAA studios right now its gonna be a good time to be a gamer:whew:

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire

:scust::scust::scust::scust::scust::scust:online transactions destroyed so many sports games :upsetfavre:... they dont care tho, people will still spend money instead of boycotting like sheep, if u stop they money they have to improve the product nikkas in 2k, madden etc cant see that they just endlessly buy packs and vc

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
GTA is already mainstream, how much more can they make the game "mainstream".

Unless they want to dumb down the game with cac humor and content.

Multiplayer, battle royale, sponsored content. Look at whats trending on twitch and expect it to be in GTA6

Last edited: