GTA VI Supposedly in Development Hell

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Chris from R* Mag (who is very well informed and proven to be reliable) heard this summer that if GTA VI is still a long way off, it's because it's a mess.

Yes, GTA VI has been restarted after Dan Houser's departure.
Chris also points out that the story of GTA VI was already changed before Dan Houser's departure.
This is mainly due to what has happened in recent years (Dan Houser leaving R * is a direct consequence).

R * CANNOT provide any information on GTA VI (the original announcement was slated for 2020) because they changed the story and other game elements too many times since 2019, so don't count on something related to GTA VI soon.
This is the most chaotic project R * has managed to date. More than RDR 1 and GTA IV. He didn't want to develop but that's not a good sign.

Chris also confirms that the game will take place in 2 time period. He saw the map and other elements but everything is changing so fast, it's useless to share anything (but some leaks align with what he knows).
R * is aiming for something more mainstream for GTA VI. (Please note that I'm using mainstream but it's a bit 'strong' for the original meaning in French. The literal traduction is 'general audience')

Red Dead Redemption Remastered is happening for Xbox Series/PS5/PC but is not set to release soon. Expect something ala GTA Trilogy Remastered (not a full remake, but more than a simple resolution upscale).
No remaster for GTA IV, and GTA V current gen could be postponed again (maybe April/May).

Source:

Another cyberpunk in the making? :patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
GTA is already mainstream, how much more can they make the game "mainstream".

Unless they want to dumb down the game with cac humor and content.

I think maybe thats why there were rumors of it possibly starring a woman a few months back. It seems like they will actually lean more toward saints row than the other way around.

And I’m pretty sure GTA has always been cac humor