GTA V for XBOX 360 (NEW INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS)

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I don't buy any multiplats for 360 because I know that I'm not always going to have Xbox Live and I wouldn't be able to play online without that. I know the online features will be accessible for me on PS3.
I feel that. I usually prefer the controller on the 360 as well as the online, but I don't rely worry about live since next gen coming up I'm most likely not going to ever play the old games online anyway.

Next gen I'm going the opposite with the ps4 for everything and the StruggleBox for exclusives and bluray/multimedia capabilities.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i dont get these issues nikkas are having. I installed disc one and play off of disc 2 with no problems.

People Are Stupid Breh, We See This In Everday Life lol

Explain Something Simple To The Average Person And All You See Is Them Like :wtf:

No Offense To Anyone In Here Just Saying

• Dap
Reactions: CJ

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm playing from the disc and the game looks :wow::blessed: and runs perfectly fine, but i'm gonna try this and see's if there's any big difference, though the noise my 360 is making is :smh:.
its not about their being a HUGE difference. if you can avoid your disc having to spin around the entire time you play. you should do it. why? the more the disc spins the hotter your entire box becomes. sure it may not shutdown if you have a newer one like myself. but why chance it? in addition, who wants to hear that spindle noise? i dont. so again, just put it on the USB stick and call it a day. lastly as i stated above. your usb sticks memory has a FASTER read speed then the xbox's DVD reader. the reason the Playstanleys dont have to worry about this is because they got one up on us. that Blu-ray drive is even faster reading data then a DVD Drive.

So unless you're flat broke, or your a little kid without the doe. go ahead and get that 16gb fast USB stick and call it aday. start that GTA over now before you get to deep into it and its to late to turn back, next thing you know. it freezes on you or you start to really notice the graphical issues.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People Are Stupid Breh, We See This In Everday Life lol

Explain Something Simple To The Average Person And All You See Is Them Like :wtf:

No Offense To Anyone In Here Just Saying
thats not the point of this thread. even playing it off the DVD disc is inferior to playing it off of the USB flash drive.

yes the disc will work. but what some were doing which was SMART and ideal under normal circumstances. was installing that other disc as well, to their hard drive. WHY? to make sure they have the fastest reading speeds necessary to play the game at peak levels without having the DVD spin all game long. again the DVD read speeds are slower then the xbox hard drive and a flash drive. but what people didnt know is that the way this game accesses information from the stuff you installed from the install disc and the stuff on the regular disc is not normal like other games. so this is why it causes issues if you install both on your hard drive. but again dont say bu but just install the one and leave the other one in the dvd drive to play off of the dvd drive. yes that will work without SERIOUS issues. but you still may see a slight downgrade in graphics. you cant tell now because you have nothing to compare it to. thats why its best to watch that video when they show the side by side comparison.

in technical terms it would make sense that the usb thing would be the best route due to its read speeds being higher then the xbox drive. again playstation owners dont have this issue cause they have a SUPER fast BLU-ray drive. its another reason the xbox one has a blu-ray drive. so next time around this wont be an issue for us xbots either.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
thats not the point of this thread. even playing it off the DVD disc is inferior to playing it off of the USB flash drive.

yes the disc will work. but what some were doing which was SMART and ideal under normal circumstances. was installing that other disc as well, to their hard drive. WHY? to make sure they have the fastest reading speeds necessary to play the game at peak levels without having the DVD spin all game long. again the DVD read speeds are slower then the xbox hard drive and a flash drive. but what people didnt know is that the way this game accesses information from the stuff you installed from the install disc and the stuff on the regular disc is not normal like other games. so this is why it causes issues if you install both on your hard drive. but again dont say bu but just install the one and leave the other one in the dvd drive to play off of the dvd drive. yes that will work without SERIOUS issues. but you still may see a slight downgrade in graphics. you cant tell now because you have nothing to compare it to. thats why its best to watch that video when they show the side by side comparison.

in technical terms it would make sense that the usb thing would be the best route due to its read speeds being higher then the xbox drive. again playstation owners dont have this issue cause they have a SUPER fast BLU-ray drive.

Rockstar Themselves Said For Best Performance To Play It Off The Disc, Cant Imagine They Have A Hidden Agenda Against Installing It On The Drive But Hey, Whatever :manny:

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
Anyone who doesn't realise that installing the installation disc then not "playing" the play disc is a moron

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So does any USB flash drive work? I was just gonna go and get 16g Sandisk one.

I know there's an Xbox branded flash drive but that seems like a waste of money.

I only use my Xbox for FIFA and there's nothing really saved on there.
THAT SCANdisk one is fast enough. same one i'm using right now.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rockstar Themselves Said For Best Performance To Play It Off The Disc, Cant Imagine They Have A Hidden Agenda Against Installing It On The Drive But Hey, Whatever :manny:
you still aint listening. of course rockstar would say play it off of the disc. lets go over this again.
for xbox gta 5's. you have 2 discs.
disc 1 (install disc-has to be installed on your xbox hard drive OR you could have installed it on a flash drive)
disc 2(game play disc- this is the disc you have to leave in your xbox the entire time you play the game.)

now using it like the above setup. no issues. EXCEPT for a slight degrade in graphics but you wont notice until you watch that video or you yourself have played it off the disc then tried the usb version as well.

moving on..
some people THOUGHT, "hey..what if i install disc 2, into my xbox hard drive so my DVD player wont have to run all game long and it should run faster like all other games."

^^you might ask, why would someone do that? because all xbox games run faster when you install the full game on your hard drive. this is the first time it actually runs worse. that has to do with something rockstar did to the programming and the way it accesses information in different places. i'll give you an example. LA noire had multiple discs. i installed them all on my hard drive. including the main disc that has to sit in the console why you play. it made the game play smoother. zero hiccups, glitches or graphical issues. this is why people assumed the same would or could apply to gta 5. but thats obviously not the case now since we know they did something different with the programming of this game where that doesnt work like it use to.

So now you have the choice play it off of the disc. or install that "main player disc" on a USB drive since the rest of the game is on your hard drive. that would work even better then it being on the DISC. because the USB read speed is FASTER then the DVD drive's speed. which means where your dvd at some point may show you a slight lower grade in graphics or hiccups the more /longer you play. the USB method wont have ANY issues at all, ever(unless your usb flash drive has problems. but thats rare.

basically the install the "install disc" on the hard drive. and install the "game disc" on a fast usb flash drive = OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE.me personally. i would rather not have my DVD spinning around for hours every time i play this game. it makes the entire box hot. in addition the more it spins the less amt of spins you have(every drive has a life span aka X amt of spins before it goes out. you never know when your time is up. remember most of these consoles are OLD. and depending on how much gaming you do, dust in your house, etc. no telling. why risk it? is my point.

NOw you know. do what you will with the info.go ahead and play it off of the disc and pray nothing ever goes wrong. odds are nothing will go wrong. but i like to get rid of those odds altogether. thats just me.

**last thing. again of course rockstar will tell you for best performance install the install disc on the hard drive and leave the main disc in the console and play that off of the DVD drive. they wouldnt mention that it would be even better if you installed the game disc on the USB drive(while leaving the disc in the console-but it wont have to spin anymore). the reason why they would not mention this is because that would FORCE people that even have the hard drive space to go out and buy an additional piece of equipment(flash drive). they dont want to hear that backlash. so they let you know the default way to play the game. not the most optimal.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The mandatory install is 8GB, but how much is the game itself?

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
LUCKILY I FOUND THIS THE MOMENT I INSTALLED THAT GAME DISK ON MY HARD DRIVE. I HAD TO DELETE IT.

they are saying, install the "install" disc onto your hard drive. now the normal disc thats supposed stay in your xbox anytime you turn on gta5. instead of installing that disc on your hard drive too. go get a fast USB flash drive (16 GB's or more). then install the regular game disc onto the USB drive.
you may still have to leave the disc in the system. but it wont have to spin the entire game
this will increase the Graphics and stop any issues that some people have run into with freezing after certain missions.

click the link, and watch the 1 min video. some of yall already have heard. others have not. pass it on. i will say this. the playstanleys won this time i cant even lie.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/17/gta-5-xbox-360-installation-issue-solved-with-usb-drive
i did that but didnt install the other disc on a flash im having no probs

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i did that but didnt install the other disc on a flash im having no probs
i need you to read my last long post above. then you will realize why i said you should go the flash drive route over the disc only route. but its up to you.