GTA 6 should retail for $150. They'd make even more millions.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
This is the next step, Rockstar is one of the only devs that can get away with this. Hell, a lot of people buy the $150 version of NBA 2k, now imagine GTA 6.

A lot of folks would still buy this game just to play GTA 6 Online.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
With all the free online content you get, no it's not too much. GTA 5 been out for 12 years, GTA 6 will be the same. $150 for 12 years of entertainment.
Yeah, but the updates haven’t been free, people who’ve spent the last 12 playing the game have undoubtedly spent more money outside the initial investment.

Everybody isn’t going to be a 13 year gta gamer. I think there should be an option for them to just play the game, while the enthusiasts get a way to pay more up front for a discount to all the extra content over time.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The problem I see with this is if you go off the size and or scope of the game and decide to charge based on that, you already know what's going to happen. Any AAA game worth their salt is going to pad their content Ubisoft style and then upcharge. If GTA does it and gets away with it, the floodgates will open. And I don't have enough faith in people to stand on business and not purchase these games in protest. I've said it before in another thread, I feel like those games that are worth $100 have to stay at the regular price because the games that aren't worth $70 still charge $70. I think the best way is to do what they have been doing. Charge the base price, and then come up with other ways to extract money from those folks that want to spend it.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
The version that'll come with a steelbook and a million shark bucks is gonna cost $150 and it'll be the one all the GTAO heads get.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
it's about the residual income not the upfront price tag they would give that shyt away if it mean people would play another ten years buying subs and paying micro transaction fees.

Edit
all GTA Online DLC has been "free"