GTA 6 game engine is apparently 'ahead of its time'

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I'm really hoping that they make this game a bit more realistic in terms of gameplay mechanics (i.e. no more pulling rocket launchers out your back pocket) and serious in tone than GTA 5.

They have the blueprint with RDR2 already.

RDR2 told an amazing story yet still managed to feature supernatural elements like aliens, ghosts and robots but it was done in a tasteful way. I genuinely believe they can tell an impactful story whilst still having the more zany characteristics of the GTA series.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I'm really hoping that they make this game a bit more realistic in terms of gameplay mechanics (i.e. no more pulling rocket launchers out your back pocket) and serious in tone than GTA 5.

RDR2 told an amazing story yet still managed to feature supernatural elements like aliens, ghosts and robots but it was done in a tasteful way. I genuinely believe they can tell an impactful story whilst still having the more zany characteristics of the GTA series.
They got slightly more serious in IV and people didn't like it. V was a course correction on that and they'll probably never deviate again.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I till remember how people complained that 4 took the series too seriously after San Andreas and everyone celebrated saints row being silly af lol

Judging by the story (redneck and latina Bonnie and Clyde) i wouldn’t expect a RDR-like story from this game

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
They got slightly more serious in IV and people didn't like it. V was a course correction on that and they'll probably never deviate again.

I'm on record as preferring 4 over 5. I like the serious approach to characters & storytelling rather than just mindlessly committing crimes but I know I'm in the minority. The stories of RDR are way more intriguing than GTA

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I'm on record as preferring 4 over 5. I like the serious approach to characters & storytelling rather than just mindlessly committing crimes but I know I'm in the minority. The stories of RDR are way more intriguing than GTA
I'm in the same camp. I had fun with San Andreas, and had fun with V as well, but IV had the best story for me. I still haven't gotten around to finishing RDR2, but they made me give a damn about Arthur. I'm not out there causing fukkery for the sake of fukkery because of how he's written. It was a no brainer in V to kill Trevor off :hubie: . I switched to him one too many times while he was in some bullshyt police chase and I said enough for me.