GT7….Always online…Broken…..Nasty Microtransactions

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
11161234-6824215-The_marsupial_was_then_captured_struggling_to_climb_onto_the_car-a-1_1552958375078.jpg

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I played ONE GT game and that was it.
I didn't realize the game still had any kind of following.
I was big on Need For Speed Underground.
Forza Horizon pretty much has the racing genre on lock far as I can tell.
Different games I know in terms of arcade vs sim but still...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

:sas2:
First off, the game's core progression is tied to the internet, meaning you'll always need to be connected to play through the campaign mode. During the livestream, the team said that things like Free Play mode will be accessible offline (where you can just pick a car/track and race), but all career progression only tracks when you're connected online.

Celebrate too early brehs :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That description sounds just like GT7, GT also gives you a free play mode offline but everything else is tied to the online servers.
Gt7 was broken. People couldn’t play period for a while when the servers went down. There were $200 real cash cars. They literally had to apologize by giving shyt away for free and revamping the entire economy.

Don’t know why y’all insist on acting dumb. :stopitslime:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gt7 was broken. People couldn’t play period for a while when the servers went down. There were $200 real cash cars. They literally had to apologize by giving shyt away for free and revamping the entire economy.

:wow:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

I was commenting on the always online structure of the game. You posted a description that sounds exactly like how GT7's online works. I'm fully aware that GT7 had problems at release, but forza isn't even out yet to compare the games yet.

All we know is that they both seem to have similar "always online" models, let's wait for forza to launch to judge which game was more stable and had better online economies at launch.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I was commenting on the always online structure of the game. You posted a description that sounds exactly like how GT7's online works. I'm fully aware that GT7 had problems at release, but forza isn't even out yet to compare the games yet.

All we know is that they both seem to have similar "always online" models, let's wait for forza to launch to judge which game was more stable and had better online economies at launch.
This thread only exists cause GT7 was fukked at launch.

Like you said Forza ain’t out yet, hence me telling gizmo he celebrated too early.