Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Driver keeps jacking up the first turn at Brands. :gucci:

PS1 sound files. :mindblown:
Graphically this looks. :wow:

Hmm not sold on it just yet. They do load higher quality assets for replays and photos.

Audibly though... :bullsfan:

Honestly it doesn't look that good and I was a huge fan of this series. It's a shame how far this franchise has fallen behind Forza and other titles such as Grid and even project cars.

Man if Turn 10 decides to enhance Forza physics to something like PCars, Polyphony should close down. No excuse for years of dev time only to put out incremental updates.

It's already sad that Forza is the better overall game in a shorter time frame. :francis: Cars all have the same assets class, the extra modes and race types, better online opportunities. IT's very much the game for car culture. GT has better car nuances still (like weight transfers), but if Turn 10 drops the noticeable handholding I'll be firmly decided that Kaz is using the money to fund his racing hobby rather than improve the game.

By handholding, I mean things like getting away with full throttle midturn and coming out ok in Forza. It's a little too easy in some areas with simulation steering on and despite having all assists off. Can't do this as much in GT (having played GT4, 5, 6 extensively) and surely can't in PCars.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't really get this comment about graphics not being a big thing in GT. They've always been a big selling point in GT imo. That and the handling.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don't really get this comment about graphics not being a big thing in GT. They've always been a big selling point in GT imo. That and the handling.
they'll say anything to sell it... but it wasn't their strong point

maybe the first one... after that, other franchises started surpassing them in graphics... including better looking cars, car damage, add ons to your car, entire cities, etc

gta wouldn't even do interiors for the longest or damage... then they actually took away that racing upgrade on every car, where they all got paint and body kits... and was never the lead in graphics in car games

but that customizing was the shyt.... GT was seen as the "real" racing game for car enthusiasts.. same reason they had 30 hour damn races with no save points

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
the physics are what makes gt a great console racing game... and yes, it is graphically better than other racers... project cars was supposed to be a competent racing game but it's physics were horrible; even gran turismo 6 had a better engine than pc....

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
You played the recent Forza games?

This is easily a spin out in most cars with assists off.

Yes I do - I'm always doing challenges on Apex for the PC side as well. There's too many minute details like that which should be tossed. I understand its for casual sake but if I turn on Sim steering with no assists I should be penalized for that buffoonery. Stab the throttle like Michael Meyers mid turn in GT or Forza and you can very easily get away with it, but more so with Forza. It feel flatter for lack of a better term.

FM7 supposedly is going through a physics rebuild. If they give me something like PCars I'll buy a copy at launch. I like having more consumer cars than race built ones.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes I do - I'm always doing challenges on Apex for the PC side as well. There's too many minute details like that which should be tossed. I understand its for casual sake but if I turn on Sim steering with no assists I should be penalized for that buffoonery. Stab the throttle like Michael Meyers mid turn in GT or Forza and you can very easily get away with it, but more so with Forza. It feel flatter for lack of a better term.

FM7 supposedly is going through a physics rebuild. If they give me something like PCars I'll buy a copy at launch. I like having more consumer cars than race built ones.
Wheel?

I know with a controller you have to ease on the throttle after a turn or you will spin out.

I don't know if apex is any different that the console versions.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Driver keeps jacking up the first turn at Brands. :gucci:

PS1 sound files. :mindblown:

Hmm not sold on it just yet. They do load higher quality assets for replays and photos.

Audibly though... :bullsfan:

Man if Turn 10 decides to enhance Forza physics to something like PCars, Polyphony should close down. No excuse for years of dev time only to put out incremental updates.

It's already sad that Forza is the better overall game in a shorter time frame. :francis: Cars all have the same assets class, the extra modes and race types, better online opportunities. IT's very much the game for car culture. GT has better car nuances still (like weight transfers), but if Turn 10 drops the noticeable handholding I'll be firmly decided that Kaz is using the money to fund his racing hobby rather than improve the game.

By handholding, I mean things like getting away with full throttle midturn and coming out ok in Forza. It's a little too easy in some areas with simulation steering on and despite having all assists off. Can't do this as much in GT (having played GT4, 5, 6 extensively) and surely can't in PCars.
Bruh, you are basing how a car handles on what PC games do. Forza 6 is based on cool ass nikkaz driving the flyest whips on the planet. Thats why they always have some new car on display when they show off the next Forza game. That's how the cars really handle in real life. Sony and PC geeks gotta simulate that so thats what you're used to :manny:
The problem is you never cared about the competition so you're clueless on what else is out there. GT always had decent this/that. But it hasn't been the "BEST" at what it does in a looooong time. You was in denial about that earlier in the week. I'd like for you to acknowledge the error in your ways so this community can start taking what you say serious. Don't now get mad at me for pointing out the truth :handshake:
You played the recent Forza games?

This is easily a spin out in most cars with assists off.
This
the physics are what makes gt a great console racing game... and yes, it is graphically better than other racers... project cars was supposed to be a competent racing game but it's physics were horrible; even gran turismo 6 had a better engine than pc....
Bruh, you are a sony fanboy. Your logo is sony only. You saying GT is the best at this/that is all the proof we need.
Only sony fanboy say shyt like GT is the best. Real talk, rational or people who take driving games SERIOUSLY have left GT a decade ago :francis:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Bruh, you are basing how a car handles on what PC games do. Forza 6 is based on cool ass nikkaz driving the flyest whips on the planet. Thats why they always have some new car on display when they show off the next Forza game. That's how the cars really handle in real life. Sony and PC geeks gotta simulate that so thats what you're used to :manny:

The problem is you never cared about the competition so you're clueless on what else is out there. GT always had decent this/that. But it hasn't been the "BEST" at what it does in a looooong time. You was in denial about that earlier in the week. I'd like for you to acknowledge the error in your ways so this community can start taking what you say serious. Don't now get mad at me for pointing out the truth :handshake:

No I'm basing it off life. The last thing you'd want to do in a RWD car is gun it and hold it mid turn. Forza keeps you planted seemingly moreso than other games, and doesn't punish the driver as harshly. GT handles those minor things much better than Forza. I'd spin lose grip and spin but it too makes it too easy to correct it and get back on straight. PCars with it's abysmal controller input still handles that much better. If I enter my turn with enough grip I can keep the throttle stable and but if I accelerate too much when I'm not widening out from the turn I'll spin and it'll be hard to correct the spin, as I should be. Forza has an "issue" where you can immediately apply something like 80% of your brakes full speed on most cars and never lockup or cause any excessive wearing issues. Doesn't exist in other console sims.

GT is a better driving game than Forza, but it's nowhere near as good of an overall game. Forza 6 is just massive with so many things you can do. GT6 still feels like GT4 with more cars and a much worse career mode, but the cars feel do better.

As for the competition I do check it. I play DiRT Rally, Forza, GT, PCars fairly regularly on PC mostly (where most hardcore sims are) and I play on the XB1/PS3 whenever I feel like using the consoles.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Listen I know you like to live in your PlayStation bubble, but have you played any racing game since May 2005 outside of the GT franchise?

Its very hard playing those GT games lately with several franchises providing better driving experiences whether it be simulation or arcade.

I might be more excited for a N4S game over GT at this point and that's pretty sad.
GT6 was the last good racer released foh. All multiplat racers are ass this generation except for the nfs games surprisingly and even then, they don't get the racing right like GT6 does. Can't wait for GT Sport to get here.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GT6 was the last good racer released foh. All multiplat racers are ass this generation except for the nfs games surprisingly and even then, they don't get the racing right like GT6 does. Can't wait for GT Sport to get here.

The handling in DIRT Rally though. :wow:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
170329090739958990.gif

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
tbh gran turismos biggest falloff is its overall sound

the cars lack the depth of sound youd expect if you were in car with a big ass engine in it

but then when you are in the menus there is this passive docile theme for everything. racing should be exciting and aggressive in general :francis: they got it right on the ps1 versions but ever since gt4 and up its become awful.

atleast you could upload your own music though :mjgrin: