‘Green Lantern,’ ‘Strange Adventures’ Series From Greg Berlanti in the Works at HBO Max

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Mixed feelings about this. For damn near a decade now it feels we've been pump faked between Idris Elba rumors, Tyrese's dumbass, Trevante Rhodes as Snyder's rumored choice, the Hal/John "buddy cop" plot with Tom Cruise as Hal, and now this tv show stuff.

My interpretation when this show was first announced years back was that they wanted to save John (their closest thing to a "T'Challa") and Hal for the theaters and have this tv show be the lore-builder. But with GL being in development hell for so long + company-wide budget cuts, i guess they figure the most efficient route is to cash in on "John Stewart" now but as a TV show.

In the era we're in of Ring of Power, House of Dragon, Peripheral, even that Halo show, etc, I actually wouldn't be against this... except for the part where the budget is going to be significantly less than originally planned.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
In terms of building the larger lore, this is a basic sci-fi story.

Star Trek or the Expanse budget is fine. Especially if they are keeping it to one Lantern.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
They dropped the ball with that Strange Adventures series too. They could have introduced more characters