‘Green Lantern,’ ‘Strange Adventures’ Series From Greg Berlanti in the Works at HBO Max

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
greg-berlanti.jpg

Greg Berlanti is developing a pair of DC Comics projects at streamer HBO Max.

Berlanti is set to executive produce both a series adaptation of “Strange Adventures” as well as a series inspired by The Green Lantern. According to an individual with knowledge of the deals, both projects are expected to go to series. The announcements were made as part of WarnerMedia’s presentation on key details of HBO Max, including pricing and the launch date.

“Strange Adventures” is described as a DC super hero anthology that will feature characters from across the DC canon. The one-hour drama will explore close-ended stories about the intersecting lives of ordinary humans and superhumans. Details on the Green Lantern series are being kept under wraps.

“Both of these original DC properties we’ll be creating for HBO Max will be unlike anything seen on television,” said Berlanti. “An anthology series of cautionary tales set in a world where superpowers exist, and, in what promises to be our biggest DC show ever made, we will be going to space with a Green Lantern television series, but I can’t reveal any more about that just yet.”

The development news is made all the more interesting by the fact that the projects are set up at HBO Max rather than standalone streamer DC Universe. According to sources, “Strange Adventures” had been in development at DCU before being moved over to HBO Max.

Ever since WarnerMedia announced the launch of HBO Max, there have been questions about whether or not DCU would continue on in its current form while still running original programming.

Berlanti currently executive produces the DCU shows “Titans” and “Doom Patrol” as well as the upcoming series “Stargirl.” However, it was announced in July that “Doom Patrol” had been renewed for a second season, but that season would be available to stream on both DCU and HBO Max, with Season 1 also becoming available on HBO Max upon the Season 2 premiere.

“Strange Adventures” is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, where Berlanti is set up under an overall deal. John Stephens will serve as writer and showrunner. Berlanti will executive produce along with Sarah Schechter and Stephens. Charlie Huston will co-executive produce. Brigitte Hales will produce, with Selwyn Seyfu Hinds serving as consulting producer.

The Green Lantern series will produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Berlanti is also set to executive produce the Kaley Cuoco-led HBO Max drama series “The Flight Attendant” as well as the LGBT+ docuseries “Equal.”

‘Green Lantern,’ ‘Strange Adventures’ Series From Greg Berlanti in the Works at HBO Max

Berlanti:francis:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Berlanti:patrice:....so it's just fukk the DC app huh

they need to clarify, whether the DC app is merging or if they gonna do a bundle and about HBO Now subscribers. I don't see any news on this

Ima need some answers soon....and I juuusst got hit for my annual DCU renewal....:aicmon:

my renewal in a few weeks too. they did say it'll remain seperate for the time being but i thing 1 year after launch the dc app will get rolled in

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
DC Super Hero High Series Coming from HBO Max and Elizabeth Banks

HBO Max, the upcoming streaming service for Warner Media, announced a heap of new details about their original movies and television shows on Tuesday. The recurring theme for HBO Max's original content seems to be fresh takes on iconic characters and properties, ranging from Greaseand Gossip Girl to Looney Tunesand Hanna-Barbara. As audiences learned from the streaming service's inaugural announcement, that will also involve the wide world of DC Comics -- including a comedic take on the heroes and villains fans know and love. During the event, it was announced that DC Super Hero High series will be heading to the streaming service, a half-hour comedy which will be executive produced by Elizabeth Banks(Charlie's Angels, Pitch Perfect).

The series will reportedly follow a group of students experiencing the fun and drama of adolescence at a boarding school for gifted kids. These teens are just trying to navigate the pressures of high school, but none of them realize that someday they will become legendary DC Super Heroes.

Max Handelman (Shrill, Pitch Perfect) will serve as an executive producer on the series, along with writer Scott Weinger (Fuller House), John D. Beck (Disjointed, Fuller House) and Ron Hart (Disjointed, According to Jim). Dannah Shinder (Shrill) will serve as co-executive producer.

The concept of "Superhero High" has been played within the DC world quite a bit, most recently in a television film as part of the animated DC Super Hero Girls series. It is unknown at this point which characters this live-action DC Super Hero High will center on, or exactly when the series is set to debut on the streaming service. Still, it is a pretty interesting addition to the DC Television canon, especially with HBO Max also developing live-action series for Strange Adventures and Green Lantern.